The Skinner's Arms

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
JohnsonEvans

Re:

Post by JohnsonEvans »

Hats Off wrote:A real shame that the lowlifes got their claws into this once great pub, I spent many a good night in here back in the late 70's to mid 80's when it was a predominantley Irish boozer. Let's hope it can one day return to being a hub of the community instead of a blight on it.
I too used to live in Leeds in the 80's and have spent quite a lot of my evenings there. And what a great pub it was. I would really pray to God to bring it back to the popularity that it once enjoyed. I would surely visit it again. :)

lanaroady

Re: Re:

Post by lanaroady »

JohnsonEvans wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 11:48 am
Hats Off wrote:A real shame that the lowlifes got their claws into this once great pub, I spent many a good night in here back in the late 70's to mid 80's when it was a predominantley Irish boozer. Let's hope it can one day return to being a hub of the community instead of a blight on it.
I too used to live in Leeds in the 80's and have spent quite a lot of my evenings there. And what a great pub it was. I would really pray to God to bring it back to the popularity that it once enjoyed. I would surely visit it again. :)
In past 80's or 90's you are allowed to be determine the facts

volvojack

Re: The Skinner's Arms

Post by volvojack »

In the 70s we used to travel across from Beeston at the weekend to drink in the Skinners as the draught beer was so good. sadly the lowlife / scum seem to have infested most Pubs these days