A dinosaur in Leeds.

The green spaces and places of Leeds
rikj

Post by rikj »

Well, The Doggers is correct in that it has been "dug up", but maybe not in the traditional paeleontology sense. And Brandy has kindly posted a picture of very much the sort of creature it seems to be.So the above is a pic of said dinosaur. I'm not imagining it am I?That is a deliberate dinosaur, I'm sure. The drawn line on the pic is 100ft to give an idea of the scale.Location not revealed yet as I'm sure that someone will know where it is, and will therefore be able to say why it is there! To create something that size is no small task, so what's the secret here?    
Attachments
__TFMF_lzf0ls55sfurtb55j5quwx45_7c0008f5-dd5d-4b2a-9754-fe037022af48_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_lzf0ls55sfurtb55j5quwx45_7c0008f5-dd5d-4b2a-9754-fe037022af48_0_main.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 1877 times

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Yorkshireranger wrote: Thanks Chameleon, seem to remember the tiger was the main attraction at the oppening of the new museum on the Headrow that was my favorite,we would always look for the three bullet holes that took it down...i am sure we only ever found two.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

Rikj.... Are you going to explain this? Please : )No idea where it is and would like to know

rikj

Post by rikj »

Certainly, though I'm afraid I can't explain it, an explanation is what I'm looking for myself.This is in Rothwell Country Park, viewed in the post above on Google Earth. Haven't yet seen it from the ground, indeed I don't even know if it would be visible on foot.The following link takes you to the view using Flashearth if you don't have Google Earth. Just click on the Flashearth logo to see the aerial pic, then use the + and - to zoom in/out to orient yourself.Plink!Hope that makes sense.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

anybody know if this is still there?I found out the park is now called Millennium Park the other week when i was asking about a stone circle allegedly erected in it in the 1980's.i must go and take a look sometime.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!