The Rhubarb Triangle - where is it?

The green spaces and places of Leeds
dsco
Site Admin
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri 26 Jan, 2007 8:21 am

Postby dsco » Sat 15 Mar, 2008 4:18 pm

Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.
Trojan
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat 22 Dec, 2007 3:54 pm

Postby Trojan » Sat 15 Mar, 2008 7:15 pm

dsco wrote: Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go? It was on Radio Leeds at the time. Last night coming up the A650 out of Wakey I noticed a pub on the left called "The Rhubarb Triangle" The rhubarb trains apparently ran from Ardsley Station which of course these days would have been in Leeds - so I think Leeds can claim the Rhubarb Triangle - Oldroyds at Rothwell is also in Leeds!
Industria Omnia Vincit
Bramley4woods
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat 08 Dec, 2007 3:12 pm

Postby Bramley4woods » Sat 15 Mar, 2008 8:08 pm

Trojan wrote: dsco wrote: Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go? It was on Radio Leeds at the time. Last night coming up the A650 out of Wakey I noticed a pub on the left called "The Rhubarb Triangle" The rhubarb trains apparently ran from Ardsley Station which of course these days would have been in Leeds - so I think Leeds can claim the Rhubarb Triangle - Oldroyds at Rothwell is also in Leeds! Sainsbury's at the White Rose is selling Oldroyd's Rhubarb right now !
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.
Barwicker
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue 10 Apr, 2007 11:27 am

Postby Barwicker » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 9:56 pm

Did anybody else notice that "Savarin de Rhubarbe" (Rhubarb Cake) was on the menu for the State Banquet the other night. My portion was quite nice!!!

User avatar
chameleon
Site Admin
Posts: 5462
Joined: Thu 29 Mar, 2007 6:16 pm

Postby chameleon » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:01 pm

Barwicker wrote: Did anybody else notice that "Savarin de Rhubarbe" (Rhubarb Cake) was on the menu for the State Banquet the other night. My portion was quite nice!!! Just watch out for those TV microphones - 'ee ba gum - rhubarb!'
Si
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Otley

Postby Si » Mon 21 Apr, 2008 10:40 am

"The Rhubarb Triangle - Where is it?" This question was on QI on Friday. The panel hadn't a clue!    
Trojan
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat 22 Dec, 2007 3:54 pm

Postby Trojan » Mon 21 Apr, 2008 11:44 pm

Si wrote: "The Rhubarb Triangle - Where is it?" This question was on QI on Friday. The panel hadn't a clue!     Perhaps the producers read this forum
Industria Omnia Vincit
dervish99
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:56 am

Postby dervish99 » Mon 19 May, 2008 5:09 pm

We took our friends on the "Rhubarb Experience" (they are a bit weird) at Oldroyds farm near Colton. You pays your money (booking required) and then get free tea and coffee + biscuits whilst the self proclaimed "high priestess of the rhubarb" tells you the history of the crop, and then you get to go into the forcing sheds to hear it grow. Yes you can hear it grow... under candlelight.Not your usual saturday afternoon out but hey better than watching footie.Russ
Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.

Trojan
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat 22 Dec, 2007 3:54 pm

Postby Trojan » Sun 18 Jan, 2009 1:25 am

Industria Omnia Vincit
Dalehelms
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat 10 Mar, 2007 5:00 pm

Postby Dalehelms » Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks for the link, Trojan. Hope dsco sees it and doesn't miss the festival again this year!





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest