Pudsey Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Si

Post by Si »

Thanks, Tyke Bhoy.

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

Si wrote: Thanks, Tyke Bhoy. It appears to have been loaned to the Road Roller Association .
roundhegian

Si

Post by Si »

I've found some pics of the steamroller here.ntl.world.com/gee-bee/pudsey.I don't know if that works, but I found it by Googling "Pudsey Steamroller."It's in a sorry state, compared to the 1959 pic on there.

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Hmm, that does look like a bot of a fixer-upper..... A real shame to see it in that state, but good news that someone is going to get the chance to fix it up.Would love to see it going again, but probably not try and climb through the fire hole this time.....

Si

Post by Si »

Did everyone who's mentioned laiking on the steamroller live in Pudsey at the time, or did you all travel far and wide to play at being Fred Dibnah?!

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

I came from Bramley so not that far, I used to have a go on the steamroller and then round to see the animals. If we were good we got a Juicy Lucy from the little refreshments booth too!

Si

Post by Si »

I used to like the dandelion and burdock lollies from there.

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

If we had been really good we could get a cider lolly and act like we were inebriated.

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

I came from Farnley, on the ring road near Wickes, so it was a bit of a hike up to Pudsey Park, but it was a good place to play as a kid, plus there were the animals further round the park too...    

Yorkshireranger

Post by Yorkshireranger »

My claim to fame is that I made one of the spiral slides in Pudsey Park, I was a sheetmetal worker back in the seventies, the slides were made by Metal Formers, who were located in the Farnley Fireclay Yard, just off Whitehall Road.