Bramham Park?

The green spaces and places of Leeds
LJD

Bramham Park?

Post by LJD »

I'm planning on doing a walk around Bramham Park. Not around the actual house and gardens, but the surrounding fields where the festival site is. However, looking at the site, it seems as if I have to arrange a time to visit, and then pay to get in.

Does anyone who is familiar with Bramham Park know if it's possible to do it without paying to get in? I'm not saying I'm definitely going to break the law and tresspass, but all that seems a bit too much for a quiet walk around a few fields. Surely if it's has park in it's name then there's some implication that it's open to the public?

Thanks for any answers.

tilly

Re: Bramham Park?

Post by tilly »

Welcome to the site LJD hope you get an answer someone should know.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

rikj

Post by rikj »

I've never been myself, but looking on the OS map (available on Bing Maps) a public footpath runs across the southern part of the estate. Have a look and see if that gets you where you want. No one can stop you walking a public right of way.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

If you look at the definitive public rights of way map from Leeds Council (Google is your friend, although there is a link posted somewhere on here...), it shows every right of way across the city.

And, as rikj has posted, if its a public right of way, then you're away!

Edit: here's the link -
https://cms.esriuk.com/leedscc/Sites/LCCPROW/#

There is a footpath marked from Bowcliffe Hall near Bramham right across the estate to Mangril Lane, which links down to the A64 or Bramham Road.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell