Going coastal

The green spaces and places of Leeds
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Get yer kiss me quick hats and bucket and spades out!Leeds-by-the-sea.http://jaysimons.deviantart.com/art/Bri ... -315945336

jim

Post by jim »

With 100m rise in sea level, most of Leeds would be under water. I can only assume that the dot on the map shows "what remains of Leeds". Most of Armley for instance would be drowned, leaving Hilltop as an island - Whingate Junction at 303' would certainly disappear.    

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Cookridge by the Sea then.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

When I was a kid, a long, long time ago, Bridlington was known as Leeds by the Sea and Morecambe Bradford by the Sea. Looks like it could be coming true!
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Not that it is likely to be my problem come 2100, but having checked my elevation here in SE Bradford, my house is over 600 ft above current sea level. Mebbe Bradford has some advantages over Leeds after all. Mind you, there'll probably be a Government land grab well before then to house all the bankers and stockbrokers from the Thames Ocean.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

shutthatdoor

Post by shutthatdoor »

Geordie-exile wrote: Cookridge by the Sea then. Drat, I thought we would be alright on the ridge at Armley/Whingate. Might have to get some wellies then.
'Eeh! That's thrown fat on t' fire'

shutthatdoor

Post by shutthatdoor »

Not sure why my post has been credited to Geordie Exile. What did I do wrong there then?

shutthatdoor

Post by shutthatdoor »

No, on reflection scrap that. I'm having a senior moment.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Shutthatdoor, you are FAR TOO YOUNG to have senior moments.

shutthatdoor

Post by shutthatdoor »

Thanks Dalehelms, I will revise that to " middle aged moment".