Red Kite spotted above A65

The green spaces and places of Leeds
vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

Spotted over Farnley / Tong the last few weeks! I got some photographs - Being seen off by a crow -

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

vbporscha wrote: Spotted over Farnley / Tong the last few weeks! I got some photographs - Being seen off by a crow - Great! Have to watch for the Farsley one!
ex-Armley lad

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

I think there must be a breeding pair in the Hawksworth/Kirkstall area, I see them swooping around all the time, can even see them from the kitchen window sometimes! Watching one land in the garden of a small two-bed bungalow was quite a sight
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tilly

Post by tilly »

I saw a Red Kite over my house in Pudsey last week I saw a bird about the same size the other day but it had a fan tail.I was told this was a Buzzard.?    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

tilly wrote: I saw a Red Kite over my house in Pudsey last week I saw a bird about the same size the other day but it had a fan tail.I was told this was a Buzzard.?     Tilly we've seen what my partner says is a Sparrowhawk a couple of times, we're near Troydale.

tilly

Post by tilly »

vbporscha wrote: tilly wrote: I saw a Red Kite over my house in Pudsey last week I saw a bird about the same size the other day but it had a fan tail.I was told this was a Buzzard.?     Tilly we've seen what my partner says is a Sparrowhawk a couple of times, we're near Troydale. Hi vbporscha This bird was at least twice has big as a Sparrowhawk so a don't know what it was.I had a Sparrowhawk on my decking the other day eating a dove my wife was not very happy about it when it saw me it flew of with the dove and left me with the mess.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

Oh dear! That sounds unpleasant...

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

tilly wrote: vbporscha wrote: tilly wrote: I saw a Red Kite over my house in Pudsey last week I saw a bird about the same size the other day but it had a fan tail.I was told this was a Buzzard.?     Tilly we've seen what my partner says is a Sparrowhawk a couple of times, we're near Troydale. Hi vbporscha This bird was at least twice has big as a Sparrowhawk so a don't know what it was.I had a Sparrowhawk on my decking the other day eating a dove my wife was not very happy about it when it saw me it flew of with the dove and left me with the mess. Sonds like a buzzard Tilly,was it "soaring" for want of a better word.I did see a Goshawk flying along Dewsbury road about 2 years ago,certainly not the sort of bird i would have expected to see in an urban area.Saw an Egret at Black Carr,just south of Doncaster 3 weeks ago and saw a white stork at Bramhope tunnel,though i suspect the latter was an escape from Harewood House By the way i was most disaapointed not to get even a dergogatory remark about my "welshmen" pun.Ill get mi coat
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

It appears they came from The Chilterns - http://www.yorkshireredkites.net/index. ... 3&Itemid=3

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

cnosni wrote: tilly wrote: vbporscha wrote: tilly wrote: I saw a Red Kite over my house in Pudsey last week I saw a bird about the same size the other day but it had a fan tail.I was told this was a Buzzard.?     Tilly we've seen what my partner says is a Sparrowhawk a couple of times, we're near Troydale. Hi vbporscha This bird was at least twice has big as a Sparrowhawk so a don't know what it was.I had a Sparrowhawk on my decking the other day eating a dove my wife was not very happy about it when it saw me it flew of with the dove and left me with the mess. Sonds like a buzzard Tilly,was it "soaring" for want of a better word.I did see a Goshawk flying along Dewsbury road about 2 years ago,certainly not the sort of bird i would have expected to see in an urban area.Saw an Egret at Black Carr,just south of Doncaster 3 weeks ago and saw a white stork at Bramhope tunnel,though i suspect the latter was an escape from Harewood House By the way i was most disaapointed not to get even a dergogatory remark about my "welshmen" pun.Ill get mi coat Your "rarebit" of humour was obviously not appreciated! I'll get my coat as well!    
ex-Armley lad