LOVE PARADE: JULY 2000

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Does anyone remember this?Half a million people on the Military (Soldiers) Field.Total chaos in LEEDS.    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Looks like it was fun, though I don't recall the event despite it being only 12 years back!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Just looking at the fourth photograph down what a great place to eat your lunch.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Could have been worse......!!!!    

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

L.C.C. and the Park staff had to clean the mess up, took about three weeks to remove all the broken glass, and make it safe again.        

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Hiya IKB, I hope you don't mind but I've removed the pix of JS the sex case. He's caused too much friction on here already.I went to the Love Parade in 2000, 'twas a great day and I was in a right old state when I got home at 9am the following day!! Thanx Chris    
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Chrism wrote: Hiya IKB, I hope you don't mind but I've removed the pix of JS the sex case. He's caused too much friction on here already. Thanx Chris No problem.    

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

And this was the so called VIP TENT. Left in this condition.    

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

A great day apparently, let down by less than brilliant organisation and a massive underestimation of how many people were going to turn up...2000 would have been about when Leeds was at it's peak as the clubbing capital of Britain too.Didn't Leeds city centre get gridlocked there were that many people trying to 'twixt there and Roundhay Park?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

A lot of people had to spend the night in the Rail station, the transport was completely overwhelmed.Many of them had not given a thought of how they would be able to return home.