J30 M62 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

The green spaces and places of Leeds
book

Post by book »

If Wakefield Trinity Wildcats move to their new stadium at J30 M62 at Oulton does that mean they will be playing in Leeds.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

book wrote: If Wakefield Trinity Wildcats move to their new stadium at J30 M62 at Oulton does that mean they will be playing in Leeds. I think they'll be just on the border. One of the objections to planning permisson came from Leeds Met I believe.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

book wrote: If Wakefield Trinity Wildcats move to their new stadium at J30 M62 at Oulton does that mean they will be playing in Leeds. No.....deffo WF postcode
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

simong

Post by simong »

The postcode and borough boundaries don't always match, as people who live around Carr Bottom in Calverley will testify.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

simong wrote: The postcode and borough boundaries don't always match, as people who live around Carr Bottom in Calverley will testify. Most properties on Newmarket Lane(site of proposed new stadium).....WF3 4BY

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

The Leeds City Council objections were based on the huge industrial estate and distribution centre that are an integral part of the planned development of the site - amazingly the new stadium only forms a small part of what is a huge scheme on mainly greenbelt land.Whilst the developers have suggested that all the additional traffic will go straight onto the M62, LCC are rightly concerned that the A639 through Oulton will see a massive increase in traffic as vehciles from the development look to cut the corner heading for Leeds or further north (via the A642 or joining the M1 at Rothwell).The objection made sense, much like the one against the massive housing development at Menston (in Bradford) where it is patently obvious that most of the traffic would end up heading for Leeds down the A65 or overwhelm the trains on the Wharfedale Line. Needless to say, faceless civil servants in London have rubberstamped them both.Maybe it's time for a 7.5 tonne weight limit on the A639 as it crosses the Leeds boundary..?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

somme1916 wrote: simong wrote: The postcode and borough boundaries don't always match, as people who live around Carr Bottom in Calverley will testify. Most properties on Newmarket Lane(site of proposed new stadium).....WF3 4BY Morley is in Leeds Met. Tingley, East and West Ardsley are WF postcodes, in fact the LS postcodes only start at the bridges over the M62 on the A650 and Rein Road.And again, Drighlington has BD postcodes.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

majorhoundii wrote: somme1916 wrote: simong wrote: The postcode and borough boundaries don't always match, as people who live around Carr Bottom in Calverley will testify. Most properties on Newmarket Lane(site of proposed new stadium).....WF3 4BY Morley is in Leeds Met. Tingley, East and West Ardsley are WF postcodes, in fact the LS postcodes only start at the bridges over the M62 on the A650 and Rein Road.And again, Drighlington has BD postcodes. Top Thorpe(adjoining E.Ardsley) i.e.Ashfield & Belmont Terrace are on the Leeds side(north) of the M62 ,yet retain their WF3 postcode as does the golf range on Thorpe Lane(close to Middleton)-again North of the M62,yet Whites Auto spares just 40metres away on same side of road is LS10.From Thorpe,further along Middleton Lane,Winthorpe Ave is WF3....yet Ascot gardens almost directly opposite,on same road is LS10(both north of M62).....There are clearly some anomalies round this particular section of the Leeds/Wakefield boundary and just where the divide lays.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

book wrote: If Wakefield Trinity Wildcats move to their new stadium at J30 M62 at Oulton does that mean they will be playing in Leeds. The stadium is not at Oulton.It's on the Wakey side of the M62.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

raveydavey wrote: The Leeds City Council objections were the new stadium only forms a small part of what is a huge scheme on mainly greenbelt land.The objection made sense, faceless civil servants in London have rubber stamped them. It's pushing it to call the site of an old colliery greenbelt.The traffic argument had some validity, but the jobs and facilities argument also had validity, and of course as an RL fan I was delighted as regards the chance to revitalise Wakefield Trinity.I'm personally in favour.