J30 M62 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

The green spaces and places of Leeds
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

The Parksider wrote: book wrote: If Wakefield Trinity Wildcats move to their new stadium at J30 M62 at Oulton does that mean they will be playing in Leeds. The stadium is not at Oulton.It's on the Wakey side of the M62. Indeed it is Parksider.....It's in the Newmarket sub-district of Stanley,Wakefield with Bottomboat close nearby.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Postcodes don't denote or follow geographical or political boundaries. They were invented by the Post Office (or Royal Mail) simply to expedite the delivery of mail. Locations with the same initial post code eg LS9, LS15 or LS26 are all served by the same local delivery office. That's all it is.
The older I get, the better I was.

book

Post by book »

I live In Thorpe with a WF post code but pay Leeds Council Tax. Would Leeds object so much if it was business rates, regeneration and trade in the Leeds boundary ? Good luck to the Wilcats but I would have thought there were better sites for relocation in Wakefield. Off J41 M1 seems a better location.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I doubt that Trinity have much say in the matter - essentially the 'community rugby stadium' is just a sop by the developers of a much, much larger commercial / industrial complex - a cynic might argue to sway public opinion amongst Wakefieldians who know that their club desperately need a new stadium if they are to retain their Super League place.If you look at the plans it's quite evident and it's a matter of record that the developer has stated that without the rest of the development getting the nod the stadium won't get built.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

raveydavey wrote: I doubt that Trinity have much say in the matter - essentially the 'community rugby stadium' is just a sop by the developers of a much, much larger commercial / industrial complex - a cynic might argue to sway public opinion amongst Wakefieldians who know that their club desperately need a new stadium if they are to retain their Super League place.If you look at the plans it's quite evident and it's a matter of record that the developer has stated that without the rest of the development getting the nod the stadium won't get built. Wakefieldians.......I like that Demonym.....very good.41 unsuitable for.....lack of access roads v space(limited).....too near a major motorway configuration(M1/62),too many old mine shafts.If in doubt......look at Google earth to see what potential problems this idea might create.There is also access all times(and some acreage)required for police helicopter and W.Y.Police motorway police units at Carr Gate nearby.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

somme1916 wrote: raveydavey wrote: I doubt that Trinity have much say in the matter - essentially the 'community rugby stadium' is just a sop by the developers of a much, much larger commercial / industrial complex - a cynic might argue to sway public opinion amongst Wakefieldians who know that their club desperately need a new stadium if they are to retain their Super League place.If you look at the plans it's quite evident and it's a matter of record that the developer has stated that without the rest of the development getting the nod the stadium won't get built. Wakefieldians.......I like that Demonym.....very good.41 unsuitable for.....lack of access roads v space(limited).....too near a major motorway configuration(M1/62),too many old mine shafts.If in doubt......look at Google earth to see what potential problems this idea might create.There is also access all times(and some acreage)required for police helicopter and W.Y.Police motorway police units at Carr Gate nearby. I'd agree - whilst there are green fields to be seen around Jct 41, I doubt that there would be room for a stadium, parking and all that goes with it on any of them - the Newmarket site is essentially a massive open (green belt) space.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Wasn't there some talk about 10 years or so back about Yorkshire CCC moving to a new site at Wakefield (Durker) by the M1? It came to nothing of course. Could that site/area be an option for Trinity?JD

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jdbythesea wrote: Wasn't there some talk about 10 years or so back about Yorkshire CCC moving to a new site at Wakefield (Durker) by the M1? It came to nothing of course. Could that site/area be an option for Trinity?JD I think there was also talk a few years back of Leeds United Football Club moving from Elland Road to the Durker area.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Leodian wrote: jdbythesea wrote: Wasn't there some talk about 10 years or so back about Yorkshire CCC moving to a new site at Wakefield (Durker) by the M1? It came to nothing of course. Could that site/area be an option for Trinity?JD I think there was also talk a few years back of Leeds United Football Club moving from Elland Road to the Durker area. I don't know about the Durkar site for LUFC but they were strongly tipped for a move to East Leeds off the M1 link near Rothwell/Temple Newsam areas at one bit.

book

Post by book »

Surely Wakefield Trinity would be better with a bigger catchment area, I can't see how moving to the proposed site would enhance their support, it's too near Leeds and nearer to Cas. They would be better moving to Durker or South of the City to attract more following. I have no objection to them moving nearer to Leeds but I don't think it will do them any good in the long term
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad