YEP sports field

The green spaces and places of Leeds
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

The Stanmore Rec - well that what I always called it is used by locals and gets quite well used, I used to live on Back Stanmore Place for a couple of years in a basement flat and every weekend and some evenings it was a nuisance trying to get into the back street where I lived as Stanmore Terrace which runs along the top of some of the Stanmore streets is the road where you access Burley Rec, its only a single track road that was only recently tarmaced. Anyway when all the amateur football teams would meet there they would block the road up with their cars. It is out of the way, but it used to amaze me the number of people who would turn up every weekend come rain or shine. God knows how they used to find it cos they werent all local neither. I think I recall it was used regularly by a football team that was affiliated with the post office / Royal Mail or something.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

jonleeds wrote: The Stanmore Rec - well that what I always called it is used by locals and gets quite well used, I used to live on Back Stanmore Place for a couple of years in a basement flat and every weekend and some evenings it was a nuisance trying to get into the back street where I lived as Stanmore Terrace which runs along the top of some of the Stanmore streets is the road where you access Burley Rec, its only a single track road that was only recently tarmaced. Anyway when all the amateur football teams would meet there they would block the road up with their cars. It is out of the way, but it used to amaze me the number of people who would turn up every weekend come rain or shine. God knows how they used to find it cos they werent all local neither. I think I recall it was used regularly by a football team that was affiliated with the post office / Royal Mail or something. Its close to where the Post Office Club used to be.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/