Roundhay Park Open-Air Pool

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

oldleedsman wrote: If at first you don't succeed...... If you use AOL this may help. I used to be unable to load photos to the site until I used IE (Internet Explorer) as the direct browser, as trying through my AOL never worked for whatever reason.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

AOL! Do people still use it? I'm on Firefox 3.6. Will give IE a go.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Have just used IE. It said I'd uploaded an image of 0.86Mbyes (which is what it is) and then gave me an error stating:The attachment is too big. Maximum size: 1024 KB. Attachment size: 1445 KB So, have reduced the quality even more
Attachments
__TFMF_jb1rhi55duxiccqabnp3qpfa_1a5744a6-c296-42f1-9a7f-deb59a814f7d_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_jb1rhi55duxiccqabnp3qpfa_1a5744a6-c296-42f1-9a7f-deb59a814f7d_0_main.jpg (975.15 KiB) Viewed 3100 times

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

oldleedsman wrote: AOL! Do people still use it? I'm on Firefox 3.6. Will give IE a go. Yes some of us still use AOL.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

oldleedsman wrote: Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states. Firefox doesn't work here for pics - seems to be IE or nowt!! There may be something to help in here, for info:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... readID=137

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

chameleon wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states. Firefox doesn't work here for pics - seems to be IE or nowt!! There may be something to help in here, for info:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... readID=137 Thanks Chameleon. That rules out about 25% of UK web-users then!(I'm ignoring anyone daft enough to use AOL!).

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

oldleedsman wrote: chameleon wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states. Firefox doesn't work here for pics - seems to be IE or nowt!! There may be something to help in here, for info:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... readID=137 Thanks Chameleon. That rules out about 25% of UK web-users then!(I'm ignoring anyone daft enough to use AOL!). Just one of the foybles of Secret Leeds - just as you think you've mastered understanding how to actually up-load - the software base chucks you out

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

oldleedsman wrote: chameleon wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states. Firefox doesn't work here for pics - seems to be IE or nowt!! There may be something to help in here, for info:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... readID=137 Thanks Chameleon. That rules out about 25% of UK web-users then!(I'm ignoring anyone daft enough to use AOL!). Have you got a vested interest against AOL as yet again you have made snidy remarks against AOL users? I have been on AOL for over 10 years now and in general I am happy with the service. Yes there is a problem posting pictures into the SL site as it does not work, but you have problems with Firefox so that is not perfect.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Leodian wrote: oldleedsman wrote: chameleon wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Got there in the end. So, the lesson is:Don't use Firefox 3.6Make the image no more than 500kB, not the 1,024 that the system states. Firefox doesn't work here for pics - seems to be IE or nowt!! There may be something to help in here, for info:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... readID=137 Thanks Chameleon. That rules out about 25% of UK web-users then!(I'm ignoring anyone daft enough to use AOL!). Have you got a vested interest against AOL as yet again you have made snidy remarks against AOL users? I have been on AOL for over 10 years now and in general I am happy with the service. Yes there is a problem posting pictures into the SL site as it does not work, but you have problems with Firefox so that is not perfect. Hi LeodianI've nothing against AOL per se. My comments were in jest.However, whenever I've used AOL I have found it very frustrating to use, but each to his own.The fact the Firefox doesn't work uploading on Secret Leeds is, I fear, a failing in SL, not Firefox!Anyway, we appear to getting off-thread somewhat.