Bye bye countryside

The green spaces and places of Leeds
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The question is this though, where else can new houses be built. Sure there are tracts of brownfield sites in the centre, but these arent sufficient enough.I think we will eventually see an end to the pleasant little green gaps between the edge of Leeds and the orbiting villages such as Scholes and Adel.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: The question is this though, where else can new houses be built. Sure there are tracts of brownfield sites in the centre, but these arent sufficient enough.I think we will eventually see an end to the pleasant little green gaps between the edge of Leeds and the orbiting villages such as Scholes and Adel. And perhaps we forget - if this hadn't happened in the past, the homes many of us live in would still not exist!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

cnosni wrote: The question is this though, where else can new houses be built. Sure there are tracts of brownfield sites in the centre, but these arent sufficient enough.I think we will eventually see an end to the pleasant little green gaps between the edge of Leeds and the orbiting villages such as Scholes and Adel. chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: The question is this though, where else can new houses be built. Sure there are tracts of brownfield sites in the centre, but these arent sufficient enough.I think we will eventually see an end to the pleasant little green gaps between the edge of Leeds and the orbiting villages such as Scholes and Adel. And perhaps we forget - if this hadn't happened in the past, the homes many of us live in would still not exist! Sadly you're both right, to a point. I'd disagree about the brownfield sites - there are plenty of them and they'd be the right type of housing (affordable) to address the 'crisis', but the builders are happy to land bank those sites and sit on them whilst making huge profits out of schemes like this one. Sadly neither the government or the council seem to have any inclination to do anything about it.The simple fact is that these plans are far too much all at once. There no comparable improvements to infrastructure, nothing at all to mitigate the impact of all those extra cars on the already crowded roads. I could go on, but I won't.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Mark S

Post by Mark S »

The Council have sorted the extra cars on the road problem, with the new Park and Ride.