Bye bye countryside

The green spaces and places of Leeds
beenie

Post by beenie »

i used to live in Whinmoor 3 years ago and they were planning all this then, i used to walk the dog in those fields!! it will be sad if they fill them with more houses!!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Perhaps, just perhaps, democracy works.I've received an e-mail from the council advising me that:"Your observations on the above application have been taken into account in reaching a decision. After careful consideration the Local Planning Authority has refused the application."This looks like a victory for common sense, which to be honest comes as a bit of a shock in this day and age.09/03238/OT is the application number, but unfortunately the council website appears to be a week behind with regard to publishing decisions...The "official" decision is here http://plandocs.leeds.gov.uk/WAM/doc/De ... ageCount=1(You'll need to cut and paste that link as it has seperated itself in the middle)Reading the decision it seems the application failed on several counts, many of which are mentioned above.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Thats excellent news davey
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: Thats excellent news davey Here here!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Davey - I am, truly amazed. I saw this as the start of the process which would see the start of development of this corridor in line with the UDP produced and adopted (With amenedments) by the Council.The Inspector's report after the Public Enquiry approved the development stratergy and took into account a number of factors, includng the continued utilisation of Brown Field sites in arriving at the recommendation that development should not start until 2011. The Council accepted this.Something has clearly changed here though I suspect this will simply be a delay rather than a total dismissal and cotinuance may well depend upon the economy revival which is needed to produce the assocoiated infrastructure to support the future developments here and elsewhere.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I was surprised myself to be honest, but pleased nethertheless.Re-reading the decision it seems that protected bats were also cited as a reason for refusal, with the application taking no note of their environment. It's surprising how many people live in the area and don't know there is a thriving bat population on their doorstep.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raveydavey wrote: I was surprised myself to be honest, but pleased nethertheless.Re-reading the decision it seems that protected bats were also cited as a reason for refusal, with the application taking no note of their environment. It's surprising how many people live in the area and don't know there is a thriving bat population on their doorstep. Nightly visitors around us during summer months Davey, but not so many this year.I haven't looked myself, but I'm told that some clearance/tree removal took place before this application even went in and, before decissions on there retention status was decided.The chap who gave the 'presentation' at the local pr meeting never did respond to emails for info. Silence can say so much.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

raveydavey wrote: I was surprised myself to be honest, but pleased nethertheless.Re-reading the decision it seems that protected bats were also cited as a reason for refusal, with the application taking no note of their environment. It's surprising how many people live in the area and don't know there is a thriving bat population on their doorstep. and who said that cricket was of no use to no one.bats eh!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Predictably, the builders have now lodged an appeal with the Secretary of State against the councils decision, which will now result in a public enquiry.How much will all that cost?TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990Site Address    Land At Grimes Dyke York Road Leeds LS14 2AEDescription    Outline Application to layout access road and erect circa 500 dwellings, with ancillary retail and community facilitiesPlanning Inspectorate Reference    APP/N4720/A/09/2117920/NWFAn appeal has been received by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on 1 December 2009 from Persimmon Homes And Taylor Wimpey for the above site against the refusal. It will be dealt with by Public Inquiry. I will write to you later about the date and time of the Public Inquiry. Details of the application will be available on our website on www.leeds.gov.uk/publicaccess and you can use this to follow the progress of the appeal. If you commented on this application before, your comments will be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate and taken into account unless marked confidential or withdrawn.If you wish to make further comments, please write enclosing 3 copies to The Planning Inspectorate, Room 3/18A Eagle Wing, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6PN quoting their reference number shown above. All comments must be received at the Planning Inspectorate by 2 February 2010. Comments received within this period will be taken into account by the Inspector when they decide the appeal. A site visit will normally be conducted by the Inspector after the Public Inquiry. The Planning Inspectorate will send you a copy of their decision letter if you write and ask for one.The Planning Inspectorate has introduced an online appeals service which you can use to comment on this appeal at www.planningportal.gov.uk/pcs. The Inspectorate may publish details of your comments on the internet, including your name, address, email address or phone number. You should only provide information (including personal information) belonging to you, and if you supply information belonging to a third party you must have their permission. More detailed information about data protection and privacy matters is available on the Planning Portal.It makes my blood boil.

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

Whats the betting it goes ahead money talks most of the tjme they dont give a toss what people think.You are asked what you think about the plans and at the same time they are clearing the site what does that tell you.They know something you dont i for one am against it we will have to see what happens but i dont hold much hope.