Bye bye countryside

The green spaces and places of Leeds
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Official missive from the council regarding the enquiry:TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990Site Address    Land At Grimes Dyke York Road Leeds LS14 2AEDescription    Outline Application to layout access road and erect circa 500 dwellings, with ancillary retail and community facilitiesPlanning Inspectorate Reference    APP/N4720/A/09/2117920/NWFAppeal by    Persimmon Homes And Taylor WimpeyThe Public Inquiry will be held on 27 April 2010 at Leeds Civic Hall starting at 10:00am.The Inquiry is expected to last for 12 days.This appeal will be decided by an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.You can attend and if you wish to speak you can if the Inspector agrees.Any statements and documents relating to this appeal can be seen at the Development Department address shown at the top of this letter, during normal office hours, or by telephoning Mary Bradshaw or Sarah Rhodes on 0113 2478039.Yours faithfully
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

leedslily

Post by leedslily »

In a related but slightly different vein, huge numbers of trees are currently being chopped down on Kirkstall Road - the ones that were on the grass between the two carriageways close to the Wellington Street flyover, then all the hedges and greenery that used to be in front of YTV etc, and also farther out of town beside the Angel halls of residence.Not sure what that's all about, but it seems a bit sad, especially just as spring's coming!

bigal

Post by bigal »

I have just spoken to the council's planning department and the documents relating to this application will be available in the next few days. I will post the address when I know it.I feel a public meeting coming on. I think that the Inspector will pass the application, but if there is enough public pressure it might be possible to push the developers into offering the community some kind of compensation. Allotments would be good or perhaps a play area or hall.Whose up for holding a public meeting? The last one I called had 250+ attending so I am sure we can get a good turnout. I can book the Whinmore School and distribute a leaflet.
W.A.G.E. Whinmoor Against Greenbelt Erosion

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I'll try to attend
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Just a reminder that any objections to the appeal plans have to be submitted in writing no later than Tuesday 30th march, so you need to get them in the post this weekend.All the details of where to send it and reference numbers posted earlier up the page.Any help in getting these plans binned would be appreciated!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Has anyone else noticed how many pages seem to have been removed from the Council website recently?I particularly wanted to review the A6120 proposals and consultaion reports but, they for one, seem to have gone.This is information which is in the Public Interest and has been in the Public Domain.Just a hypothesis - could some parties consider this to be an issue of controversy, best avoided at this moment in time?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

raveydavey wrote: Just a reminder that any objections to the appeal plans have to be submitted in writing no later than Tuesday 30th march, so you need to get them in the post this weekend.All the details of where to send it and reference numbers posted earlier up the page.Any help in getting these plans binned would be appreciated! Consider it done mate.edit... On account of me being a bit thick i cant seem to find the address so can anyone help me out?    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Just received an e-mail from the planning department - an appeal has been lodged and will be heard in January...EMail [email protected] Number:    101332Planning Number: 09/03238/OTDate:    7 December 2010 Dear Sir/MadamTOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990Site Address    Land At Grimes Dyke York Road Leeds LS14 2AEDescription    Outline Application to layout access road and erect circa 500 dwellings, with ancillary retail and community facilitiesPlanning Inspectorate Reference    APP/N4720/A/09/2117920/NWFAppeal by    Persimmon Homes And Taylor WimpeyThe Public Inquiry will be held on 19 January 2011 at Leeds Civic Hall starting at 10:00am.The Inquiry is expected to last for 5 days.This appeal will be decided by an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.You can attend and if you wish to speak you can if the Inspector agrees. If you are attending and have any specific access requirements, please contact us as soon as possible. Any statements and documents relating to this appeal can be seen at the Development Department address shown at the top of this letter, during normal office hours, or by telephoning Mary Bradshaw or Sarah Rhodes on 0113 2478039. It's truly ridiculous that they are still trying to force this through - it isn't wanted, it isn't needed, access will be a nightmare (and will cause massive congestions for tens of thousands of people every day), it will disturb rare wildlife, including bats and there are other brownfield sites nearby that should be developed first. Plus lets remember that house prices are still dropping, the banks aren't lending if you don't have a 30% deposit and forget it if you are a first time buyer.

tilly

Post by tilly »

This could be the site of the battle that King Penda was killed in.Its a toss up between Leeds and Doncaster my feeling is that this was the site, is nothing sacred.When it comes to money i dont think they care about a site all they see is£ s pence.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Wool

Post by Wool »

The issues here are the same as those in my thread about land off Church lane, Adel. The idiotic planning legislation ( "Regional Spatial Strategy") introduced by the last government forced cities such as Leeds to designate huge areas of land for future housebuilding, irrespective of whether there was any proven demand for it or what local people thought.These planning rules appear to allow developers to gain planning consent for greenfield sites designated for eventual housebuilding even where there is ample available brownfield land. Leeds City Council has turned down planning applications for several greenfield sites arguing that available brownfield should be developed first. There have been about a dozen appeals by developers, all of which have succeeded to date. The appeal in relation to Adel is not yet finished and there are 2 other outstanding appeals in relation ( I think) to Allerton Bywater and Boston Spa.The current local government minister attempted to abolish the Regional Spatial Strategy in June but the High Court, on an application by a developer, ruled last month that the attempted abolition was unlawful as it could only be achieved by an Act of Parliamant. The RSS is therefore still with us until the government changes the law and these appeals are all about developers securing lucrative planning consents on greenfield sites while the going is good. These sites will then be the first to be developed when the economy eventually improves and brownfield sites will be left to rot for even longer.