Sheeny Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
fevlad

Post by fevlad »

arry awk wrote: OIC! Thanks for that Fevlad. I allus thought thatpigs were 'Untouchable' to Jews (and Muslims!) with contact in any form forbidden! Wrong agen!By the way, what is the 'Crossroads' quotation to do with?Arry not a problem arry. I apolgise for seeming a little antagonistic on this and other threads. I didn't mean it. the reason pork and other foods aren't Kosher comes from the book of Exodus. When Moses was leading the Jews out of Israel he stipulated what the jews could and couldn't eat on their journey. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. remember when there were onl;y certain foods before refrigeration that you coiuld only eat when there is an R in the month?the quote is from the most famous song by the most famous blues singer in history: Robert Johnson. It's called 'Crossroads' and is the story of how Johnson went to a crossroads and made a pact with the devil in return for the power to great music.Without Johnson: the history of rock music and pop music woiuld have been entirely different.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Thanks for all the info Fevlad .Hadn't heard that sideof things before. Thanks for the Crossroads explanation!Hadn't heard of Robert Johnson,me being one of the original Ancient Britons!

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

arry awk wrote: Thanks for all the info Fevlad .Hadn't heard that sideof things before. Thanks for the Crossroads explanation!Hadn't heard of Robert Johnson,me being one of the original Ancient Britons! arry: Johnson's music dfates from the 1930s!you can't be that old.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

fevlad wrote: arry awk wrote: Thanks for all the info Fevlad .Hadn't heard that sideof things before. Thanks for the Crossroads explanation!Hadn't heard of Robert Johnson,me being one of the original Ancient Britons! arry: Johnson's music dfates from the 1930s!you can't be that old. I think I was once able to work out our arry's age from aomething he posted - if I was right, you might be surprised fev!(Sorry arry, trying not to give anything away, we all know you're still a spring chicken. How many telegrams you had then )

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

chameleon wrote: fevlad wrote: arry awk wrote: Thanks for all the info Fevlad .Hadn't heard that sideof things before. Thanks for the Crossroads explanation!Hadn't heard of Robert Johnson,me being one of the original Ancient Britons! arry: Johnson's music dfates from the 1930s!you can't be that old. I think I was once able to work out our arry's age from aomething he posted - if I was right, you might be surprised fev!(Sorry arry, trying not to give anything away, we all know you're still a spring chicken. How many telegrams you had then ) lolhas he got a portrait of himself in his attic?

Si

Post by Si »

Is it the same 'Crossroads' that Lynyrd Skynyrd covered? Quote rings a bell.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Si wrote: Is it the same 'Crossroads' that Lynyrd Skynyrd covered? Quote rings a bell. lots of bands and singers have covered it

Si

Post by Si »

Thought so. When was it written?

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Si wrote: Thought so. When was it written? early 1930s

Si

Post by Si »

Cheers.