Mutton Hill

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
jnmykn

Post by jnmykn »

Anybody know where this was and anything about it?When I was a child my parents would mention it from time to time. When I asked about it I was told to be quiet. As far as I can gather it was an area of ill repute, but not sure because it was always talked about in a roundabout manner. Thought it was somewhere near Elland Road or Meadow Lane.Thanks - John

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Not heard of it but inbetween Elland Road and Meadow Lane was/is Beeston Road and of course Beeston Hill.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

parksider

Post by parksider »

not beeston or beeston hill for sure..i was born that waywill ask about

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

jnmykn wrote: Anybody know where this was and anything about it?When I was a child my parents would mention it from time to time. When I asked about it I was told to be quiet. As far as I can gather it was an area of ill repute, but not sure because it was always talked about in a roundabout manner. Thought it was somewhere near Elland Road or Meadow Lane.Thanks - John i always thoght it was an acronymn for sexual intercoarse,maybe thats why you were told to shut up mate?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

wiggy wrote: jnmykn wrote: Anybody know where this was and anything about it?When I was a child my parents would mention it from time to time. When I asked about it I was told to be quiet. As far as I can gather it was an area of ill repute, but not sure because it was always talked about in a roundabout manner. Thought it was somewhere near Elland Road or Meadow Lane.Thanks - John i always thoght it was an acronymn for sexual intercoarse,maybe thats why you were told to shut up mate? I'll buy that one!!! sounds about right!!
Love a Landrover

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

what are the streets of the branders or the ambertons named after? always used to wonder that as a boy.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?