Hunslet Engine Company Rugby Club

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

The Parksider wrote: Chiron wrote: My book about Yorkshire Rugby Union in World War Two called'Let Them Play By All Means' will be in print in March. Hunslet Engine Company is featured as are Roundhay and Headingley Old Boys, the other Leeds clubs that played right through the war. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Great stuff. Are you going to get a few copies into the Leeds Civic Trust bookshop on Wharfe Street? I hope so - I will certainly contact them once it is in print. They have copies of Leeds Who? However, I don't know whether they have sold any as they had them on sale or return.

Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Chiron wrote: The Parksider wrote: Chiron wrote: My book about Yorkshire Rugby Union in World War Two called'Let Them Play By All Means' will be in print in March. Hunslet Engine Company is featured as are Roundhay and Headingley Old Boys, the other Leeds clubs that played right through the war. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Great stuff. Are you going to get a few copies into the Leeds Civic Trust bookshop on Wharfe Street? I hope so - I will certainly contact them once it is in print. They have copies of Leeds Who? However, I don't know whether they have sold any as they had them on sale or return. The book that includes mentions of Hunslet Engine Company Rugby Club, 'Let Them play By All Means' is now in print. Copies at Philip Howard books on Street Lane or from the distributor ypdbooks.com

Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Apparently, the YEP is going to publish a letter tomorrow that I wrote to them regarding Hunslet Engine Company over 10 months ago! I hadn't the heart to tell them that the book I was researching is now in print and a review should soon be appearing in the YEP!!