Who was Mark E Kirby

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leodian wrote: munki wrote: Are you asking for a clue? I'm confused now! Was the query in your post that started this thread one that you actually know the answer but asked it as a quiz type query to see if anyone else knew it?     Me too, i thought he was asking for info.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

morleyhall

Post by morleyhall »

cnosni wrote: Leodian wrote: munki wrote: Are you asking for a clue? I'm confused now! Was the query in your post that started this thread one that you actually know the answer but asked it as a quiz type query to see if anyone else knew it?     Me too, i thought he was asking for info. +1.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Munki is asking for info on how to post pictures on here LOL
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

munki wrote: Are you asking for a clue? Yes. We are all waiting with bated breath

Si

Post by Si »

Was he the inventor of the Kirby vacuum cleaner, the heaviest, most cumbersome, most powerful vacuum cleaner (Jeremy Clarkson's voice) in the world?!!!You still there, Munki?    
Attachments
__TFMF_0rded5uqq4rbgluloabpv031_c2581c7a-5f7b-4413-ba3b-cec977779541_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_0rded5uqq4rbgluloabpv031_c2581c7a-5f7b-4413-ba3b-cec977779541_0_main.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 2676 times

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Si wrote: You still there, Munki?     He appears to have been locked in the cellar again
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Bated breath now resignedly 'a'bated. Odd though. Mark as a name, though of ancient origin, only became popular again fairly recently. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that many Marks about pre 20th century?

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Geordie-exile wrote: Bated breath now resignedly 'a'bated. Odd though. Mark as a name, though of ancient origin, only became popular again fairly recently. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that many Marks about pre 20th century? Michael Marks LOL now that has a Leeds connection

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

uncle mick wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: Bated breath now resignedly 'a'bated. Odd though. Mark as a name, though of ancient origin, only became popular again fairly recently. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that many Marks about pre 20th century? Michael Marks LOL now that has a Leeds connection Mark Curry too...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell