Who was Mark E Kirby

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
munki

Post by munki »

Does anyone know who Mark E Kirby, a manufacturer of something or other, in Holbeck, was?
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I've never heard of him, sadly. If you put his name into Google, this thread is the first thing listed...Is he related to Mark E Smith?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

there might be a better chance of finding out if you give us some idea of the time frame reference Munki.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Si

Post by Si »

Anything to do with Kirby Removals, Armley?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

raveydavey wrote: I've never heard of him, sadly. If you put his name into Google, this thread is the first thing listed...Is he related to Mark E Smith? Oh dear, you had me FALLing about with laughter at that one.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

munki wrote: Does anyone know who Mark E Kirby, a manufacturer of something or other, in Holbeck, was? Was he the guy that developed the spray paint for utility firm surveyors to mark underpavement cables and pipes for planned pavement digging.Think about it......
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

munki

Post by munki »

Are you asking for a clue?
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

munki

Post by munki »

I appear to have forgotten how to post pictures to my own website.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

munki wrote: I appear to have forgotten how to post pictures to my own website. You will need to do it using Internet Explorer for a start because other than an old version of Opera nobody else is admitting to success with anything else. Plenty of advice in the Tech support section includinghttp://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Messages.aspx?ThreadID=137
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

munki wrote: Are you asking for a clue? I'm confused now! Was the query in your post that started this thread one that you actually know the answer but asked it as a quiz type query to see if anyone else knew it?    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.