Connie Bithel circa 1943

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Is anyone informed of or in fact a relative/descendant of one Connie Bithell who in 1943 lived in Fallowfield, Manchester, 14 at 46 Morley Avenue. I would imagine that she may have been about 17-18 years old at that time but am not certain, and was writing to her friend Laurie who was serving in N. Africa and Italy. [See thread in NAMES entitled "Siblings Winnifred, Ken and Laurie Armitage"] In three letters of hers (copies) she mentions the following names: John Bird, Syd Crowe (who also was serving in N. Afrca) and his younger brother Albert and their mother, Connie's younger sister Kath, another and older sister unnamed and this same sister's friend Margerie. Place names that are mentioned are: Platt (sp?) Lane Co-op for dancing, the B.F.Y.C., Hazel Grove, the Fallowfield Hotel, St. Crispian's Church to which Connie belonged. I ask that if you have an elderly relative who grew up in Fallowfield or the environs to please ask them about these people in the hopes that someone might recognize some of them. My objective is to find Laurie, the soldier, through Connie. Thank you.
M. A. Sarmat