Names of Events

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

dscoAdministrator Location: LeedsJoined on: 26-Jan-2007 12:51:48Posted: 378 posts    # Posted on: 12-Oct-2010 17:23:08. Keep it cleanPlease don't use foul language, swearing or other offensive language on this site. There is an automatic filter for many swearwords which replaces the offending blooper with the words "<edited for content>". That sorts out many such incidents. However, some folks think using asterisks, blanked out letters, or other such things makes it OK to swear. It isn't, please don't do it.

jim

Post by jim »

"Come on Lizzie Dripping" was certainly used in the 1950s to a child (usually female!) who was disinterested, uninvolved, or "out with the fairies" to try and enthuse them to proceed with whatever the parent wanted them to apply themselves to. Lizzie can certainly be regarded as a diminutive of Eliza.    

ant@blahs

Post by ant@blahs »

Hello I'm interested in this conversation about the dripping riots because my colleague Lizi Patch is directing a version of the story with young people at the Theatre Academy at the Carriageworks. I was wondering if it was possible to get in touch with Steve Jones about talking to the young people on the subject.
To explore stories, not just tell them

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

ant@blahs wrote: Hello I'm interested in this conversation about the dripping riots because my colleague Lizi Patch is directing a version of the story with young people at the Theatre Academy at the Carriageworks. I was wondering if it was possible to get in touch with Steve Jones about talking to the young people on the subject. yes,it depends when you would want the talk though.I happen to have Friday 17th June off work if that is any good to you?
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Steve Jones wrote: ant@blahs wrote: Hello I'm interested in this conversation about the dripping riots because my colleague Lizi Patch is directing a version of the story with young people at the Theatre Academy at the Carriageworks. I was wondering if it was possible to get in touch with Steve Jones about talking to the young people on the subject. yes,it depends when you would want the talk though.I happen to have Friday 17th June off work if that is any good to you? If you two wish to discretley swap e-mail addresses, I'm happy to be in the middle - my address is in my profile as you know Steve.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

thanks for the offer,we are in touch and sorting out a date for me to go round.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Steve Jones wrote: thanks for the offer,we are in touch and sorting out a date for me to go round. Job'a a gooden then boss