Haunted Places in Leeds & district

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Any more information on who this White Witch is supposed to be?I am intrigued as to where the story came from.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

petec

Post by petec »

sorry Steve i know nothing more.I'll ask others in my family and see if they remember anything.

Tosh

Post by Tosh »

Hi New too all this ( the forum that is ) but seems really interesting , had a look at paranorthern site as well , believe that i've had a couple of ghostly encounters in Temple Newsam but failed to talk to anybody about them , just get raised eyebrows , i'm from that area and have passed through late at night wooooo

Exiled-Angel

Post by Exiled-Angel »

You should tell us about them

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

There is a thread on here specifically about Temple Newsam ghosts i think.

BarnsleyBoy

Post by BarnsleyBoy »

Has anyone seen the haunted web programme on the YEP's site? In terms of some of the locations, i've got to say it's pretty good. I think you get to it direct at www.hauntedleeds.co.uk - the temple newsam one and the town hall prison cells one are both really good.

eddie666

Post by eddie666 »

Ive lived in Castleford all my life, never heard of a white witch in Fryston Woods. I'll ask around some of the more senior folk of castleford.There is a tale of how people can sometimes see the ghost white dog across the other side of the river aire if your sat in the Crimea at the bottom of Cas town. Although i think this was told to me just to stop me from wondering to the other side and too far away from home lol.There was one road that used to freak me out on the way home from work in the early hours. Ive driven down many a dark road but this one used to give me the creeps all the time and made me feel uneasy. Its the road that goes from the roadabout at Oulton Swimming baths, through methley to castleford. Even now with the new street lighting down there, it still feels strange.    
Parrot with no beak, will always sucseed!!!!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Holywell Wood at Glasshoughton has some interesting tales. I used to visit it a lot in the 1990's whilst researching Holy wells and springs. The well was actually a spring.Sadly the idiotic bike brigade totally trashed the place so the last time i was there i could only locate where the spring was roughly by tracking back from where the old stream bed was in the fields.I know of a haunting here in the 1970's when a bunch of Army cadets were kept up all night by seeing little blacl dwarves plus one giant black figure about 7-8 feet tall. The guy who told me the story back in the eighties described it as being like Snow white with too many dwarves and no good looking woman!he was too terrified to go into the woods again.

petec

Post by petec »

not been up there since i was in my teens about 20 years ago!isnt there supposed to loads of tunnels and caves up there? sure i heard that someone had got lost in them once.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Petec I think you are referring to Red Hill which has a lot of old tunnels under it but they were blocked up by the council to stop people getting in.