Haunted Places in Leeds & district

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Has anyone had any strange experiences on Tunnel Howe Hill (I mean of a paranormal type<g>)?
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Krasberry

Post by Krasberry »

St Mary's in the wood church Morley has alot of rumours of being haunted,the church itself is disused and has been for a few years now so after hearing which i thought were tall tales from an old guy in the pub one night,we decided to have a snoop round,One rumour was a small girl who apparently died after a part of the church wall fell on her in the 1950's,we went down to the church camcorder in hand and it is a very eerie place after checking out the photos and film we had taken back home we found a strange glowing figure walk in between a pair of headstones then seemingly float away...safe to say we havent been back since.
Discovering yesteryears treasures,then legging it before security shows up.

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

Any chance of seeing the footage then, Krasberry? You could upload it to YouTube or summat?CheersDave
Northern Earth Walks

hamster

Post by hamster »

i've been told people still haunt where the stainbeck war was. i've been told people have seen a white lady and orbs in the houses around hill to hill. when i was younger i suposly had seen the white lady. i don't if it was true

hamster

Post by hamster »

hill top hill

hamster

Post by hamster »

hi i have the haunted leeds book and if u want me to look for anything jut tell me

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Steve Jones wrote: I don't think I have mentioned Ken Goors excellent little book "HAUNTED LEEDS" on here. he published it last year and collected a lot of new tales (including yours truly regarding The Old Red Lion).Very useful for people looking for sites. Yes, I have to say I bought Ken Goors book when I read what you'd written about it Steve! It was delivered the next day and I read it straight off!!! I love a good book me!!! ;-)

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Ken will have to give me commission<G>.The new book "Haunted Yorkshire" also includes Leeds sites such as Boggart Hill. It is not as well written IMHO and has a lack of an index which is annoying. my own copy is also badly put together having many pages uncut.

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

hamster wrote: i've been told people still haunt where the stainbeck war was. The reputed battle site, where the playing fields are now off Stonegate Road?
Northern Earth Walks

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Do you mean where the "tump" is in the school grounds Dave?Next field to the Oates memorial. that is reputed to be the burial of civil war soldiers though as I have said before on here it looks like a round barrow.incidentally Dave I will be at Leeds Pagan Moot at the Old Red Lion tonight if you are going.