Burley in Wharfedale...

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

not too sure if burley in wharfedale comes under leeds but its close enough and has a leeds postcode my brother (big_rob2004) and his mate asked me to go on a walk with them through the woods that go along side the river wharfe as the last time they were there they had spooky experiences, baring in mind this was around 8 at night when it was pitch black.me being the person i am, happily tagged along and this time he took his digital camera.when we arrived and walked under the tunnel of a main road ad into the woods, there was immediately a weird and eerie prescence lingering and the further along the woods we went, the more evil the prescence felt. Ducks kept shitting me up aswell, quacking on the river lol).we kept on travelling through the woods and came to a house which clearly has people living in it, heave knows who'd have he guts to live there. 5 minutes past this house we decided to head back in the other direcion from where we had just come. Feelings of emotions began to rush through you and you could feel the prescennce becomming more evil.it was then part way back that i almost shat myself when a clearly visible white mist flew past over my left shoulder. Both my brother and his mate also saw it.there is no way of it being a carrier bag or else you'd have heard it russle, plus there was no real wind. It wasn't mist from the river cause we'd hve seen much more. whatever the hell it was, it was creepy.right towards where we began the walk, rob and his mate claimed to see a figure in the distance staring at them but i didnt see anything to be honest but not saying they were lying.anyone else ever seen anything or heard of anything weird down that way? If not get ya self down there.sadly the only thing we saw on the digital camera was a big white light but that could have been the torch shining slightly in the lens of the camera
For every action, there is a reaction

Si

Post by Si »

Not far from there, between Otley and Burley, in the grounds of Weston Hall, there is a small hillock with a tree on it, which in times of old, was a gibbet hill.

stevief

Post by stevief »

Do you know they actually re-directed the river when building the by-pass a few years ago.It must have been cheaper than building a bridge.

Si

Post by Si »

That's right, Stevie. It would have needed two bridges. It was much cheaper to just straighten it a little. It could be just a coincidence, but the Wharfe hasn't flooded severely at Otley since.