Ghostly goings on in the old Lewis's building

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

Looking at the pic when blown up it looks like a woman in a bonnet but if you look closely in the centre of what would be the face there is a second image of what looks to be a Mr Punch type face with a crown on. Only thing that makes me skeptical is what looks like a person in the background to the top right and I don't think its another ghost.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Festwerfer wrote: Looking at the pic when blown up it looks like a woman in a bonnet but if you look closely in the centre of what would be the face there is a second image of what looks to be a Mr Punch type face with a crown on. Only thing that makes me skeptical is what looks like a person in the background to the top right and I don't think its another ghost. The only thing that makes me sceptical is there's no such thing as ghosts.......
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

The only thing that makes me sceptical is there's no such thing as ghosts....... So if thats the case why are you on this thread surely it holds nothing of interest for you so may I suggest leaving it for those that do or at least keep an open mind.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Festwerfer wrote: The only thing that makes me sceptical is there's no such thing as ghosts....... So if thats the case why are you on this thread surely it holds nothing of interest for you so may I suggest leaving it for those that do or at least keep an open mind. Yeah, whatever... I do actually have a great interest in the old Lewis's building - which is special to me in many, many ways - I have spent many hours there and even worked there on occassion.On a broader, anthropological point I do find it interesting to study the sheer scale,depth and inventiveness of old tosh that people seem prepared to believe, and the apparent sincerity that's evinced in so doing.Interestingly the 'psychic dog' who has a column in 'Chat' magazine touched on the same subject only a couple of weeks ago...
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Croggy wrote: There is a story and photo here:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/w ... 3751539.jp Quote: Labourer Michael Scheres says he and a pal unwittingly snapped the spook while working on the old Lewis's building, in The Headrow.Michael, of Belle Isle, Leeds, said: "I could feel it had gone really cold, I was shivering and this feeling was shooting up and down my spine. Liam, the lad I was working with, took the picture. When he saved it came up with the ghost on. He nearly dropped the phone. I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first." The second 'image' to the right apears to replicate a more diffuse version of the brighter one. This is characteristic of the internal reflections and aberations seen within a lense system when pointed towards a very bright light which almost every photographer will have experienced. Just something to consider.

Si

Post by Si »

If the workman didn't see the "apparition" when he took the picture, what was he photographing? I generally point a camera at something interesting.