Haunted Houses

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Ahh yeah iv read that before, about the black dog? Tis a bit wierd aint it, dog ben out at that time and a queite place like that! Is that farm on the chevin then near the royaltie pub?

Si

Post by Si »

No, Rich. It's the other side of Harrogate Road. Pass the Royalty on your right, turn right at the T junction above the Chevin, go straight through the new lights at Harrogate road, and the lay-by is on the right past High Trees garden centre, but before None-Go-By farm (down the hill.) There's a gate and a style, I think, and it's opposite a conifer plantation. If you reach the caravan park at the bottom, you've gone too far. I've never parked there since!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I wonder whether we should have a "Haunted Places" thread to complement the houses and pubs ones and allow for people seeing things in parks, fields etc?
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Yeah sounds good steve coz must be a few stories for that.Yeah i know where you mean now si, i knew you meant up there somewhere tho! I used to live in otley so i know up there pretty well

Si

Post by Si »

Yeah i know where you mean now si, i knew you meant up there somewhere tho! I used to live in otley so i know up there pretty well You'll know about the ghost in the old house opposite the jubilee clock, then?

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

No i haven't heared about it si, you can tell me about it if you like though ;-).Iv heared of a ghost in the charity shop cellar or somethin like that, is that the one you mean?

Si

Post by Si »

Which charity shop? There's loads!Opposite the clock on Kirkgate, there's a large 3 storey, 5 bay house (now shops) built in seventeen something-or-other which I'm told is haunted. A figure is supposed to appear sitting in the large central mullioned window looking up the street towards The Chevin. The original front door surround was moved to a building on Boroughgate (where it still is) when the house was converted to shops, so if the chap is searching for his old front door, he's looking in the wrong direction!    

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

rangieowner wrote: What battle was near boggart hill? The battle of Boggart Hill drive of course? Dont you know nutting?The battle refered to is the one over at Cock Beck which ran red with the blood of the fallen. 600 and odd BC or whatever.I was brought up on BHD and the Boggart supposedly walked down from the top of the hill to........Well I dunno. The legend was set out in a display in the Gate Pub which I never went to see because going in the gate was scarier than the Boggart.TBF to the ghost writers on here I do recall one or two neighbours with their own stories about early one morning.......

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

iv never heared of that story si, but i'll look out for the building next time im in otley, which i visit often. The one i was on about is the british heart foundation i think. My uncles flat in otley was haunted too, very wierd in that place!

Si

Post by Si »

TBF to the ghost writers on here I do recall one or two neighbours with their own stories about early one morning.......Not a dark and stormy night, then.......Rich - the British Heart Foundation shop is nearly opposite the house I mentioned.