Haunted Houses

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

after what we saw in the house in beeston, i belive anything now

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

rangieowner wrote: Sorry mate, all i see is out of focus dust particles caught in the flash! and what battle was near boggart hill? A bit late on the reply to this but how can it be dusy particles caught in the flash when i took it with my phone in broad daylight with the flash off?
For every action, there is a reaction

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Fair do's i'll shut up then eh? there is a perfectly rational explanation for this, I see it all the time on photos, or do i just photograph in haunted places?
Love a Landrover

Si

Post by Si »

My bedroom must be really haunted. Everytime I make the bed, the room is filled with orbs!!!

simonm

Post by simonm »

Scotteh2k8 wrote: rangieowner wrote: Sorry mate, all i see is out of focus dust particles caught in the flash! and what battle was near boggart hill? A bit late on the reply to this but how can it be dusy particles caught in the flash when i took it with my phone in broad daylight with the flash off? If you took the phot with a small compact digital camera or decent mobile phone camera then it is dust and reflection on the lens. There is lots of talk about orbs and it is always with small compact digital cameras or mobile phones. My sis in law always claimed to be picturing these orbs on her camera. We took and identical shot at the same time in the same place. She had a small kodak digital comapct, I had an olympus E500 digital SLR! guess what? she had orbs, I didn't! It has everything to do with light refraction and the lens being far to slose to the flash, weather the flash fires or not. To be fair, that is one hell of a digital camera phone to have not fired the flash in those conditions and given such clear photo with no digital noise at all and what seems to be a white light source near the closest chair, plus what appears to be flashback from the tele??? Still, I'll take your word for it.
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

At my uncles house, the one i mentioned before on bodmin road, well one night when i was staying over we decided that before we went to bed we'd leave his dictor phone (i dunno the proper word lol) on the table in the middle of the room on record. Came down in the morning and my uncle was already up, sat listening to the recorder. He re-wound it and passed me it and said listen to that, tell me what you hear. So i did and i just freaked! No lies here or no exageration, you could hear a man talking softly to someone else, and the other person replying, and the voices didnt sound...... how can i put this... they didnt sound like it was two living people talking, the voices were very very strange. My uncle got that scared he threw the tape away! I dont blame him tho, it was very weird!

Si

Post by Si »

What were they talking about?

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

Isn't there meant to be a row of houses on Woodsley Road that have a lot of spook activity going on? I'd heard a few stories from a friend who lived there in the 80s, and she said that other people had experienced similar things... her story involved a couple of apparitions and a locked door (to the cellar) that kept opening by itself... ...she scared the cr*p out of me once with a story about how one of the guys in the house went into the kitchen to put the kettle on, saw the cellar door open, so he closed it and locked it. then he leaned around the door into the front room to ask everyone what they wanted to drink, and when he turned back, the cellar door was wide open again!i might add that she and her friends were doing a lot of acid at that time, so it could all be complete poo.have also heard that one of the buildings used by Carnegie at the Beckett Park campus is meant to be haunted, but can't say i remember anyone ever mentioning it while i was based there myself :~
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Si i know ya been sarci as usual! You coldnt make out what was been said but anyone could have listened to the recording and confirm that it was definatly someone talking, it lasted about a minute. And after the voices were some very loud banging, like someone punching the table right next to the recorder.

Si

Post by Si »

Rich87 wrote: Si i know ya been sarci as usual! You coldnt make out what was been said but anyone could have listened to the recording and confirm that it was definatly someone talking, it lasted about a minute. And after the voices were some very loud banging, like someone punching the table right next to the recorder. Guilty as charged! However, I have had a spooky experience of my own, Rich. See "Terror On The Road" thread...