Places which feel odd.

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
jgl1954

Places which feel odd.

Post by jgl1954 »

Are there any locations around that just do not "feel right" somehow? I was always a bit uneasy when dog walking in the woods in Tinshill (Spring Wood/Daffy Wood) and where I live now in Harrogate one of my dogs point blank refuses to go along a couple of paths and just lies down. One of them doesn't seem right to me either.
A few years ago we stayed at Greta Bridge and I walked behind the Morritt Arms hotel and had a strange uneasiness, so much so that I had to get back to the hotel asap (and I hadn't been in the bar beforehand!) Anyone had the same sort of feelings?

tilly

Re: Places which feel odd.

Post by tilly »

It can work the other way i live in Pudsey and when i go to the Fulneck settlement it feels quite peaceful. I think people who have lived in the past leave something behind it could be a good feeling or otherwise. Thats just my opinion things have happened to me when i worked at Fulneck School that i cant explain not bad things but it makes me wonder i have a very open mind on the subject.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Quite a common experienceThe area of the old cemetary opposite Leeds Parish Church and the cut through towards the bus station has a lot of reports of this type and not just because of some of the drunks who hang around there either!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Back of the Morritt arms is s roman settlement isn't it?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="Steve Jones"]Quite a common experienceThe area of the old cemetary opposite Leeds Parish Church and the cut through towards the bus station has a lot of reports of this type and not just because of some of the drunks who hang around there either.
Hello Steve.
When i was a lad going to School in the 1940 s most times i went through those Arches you mention one of them had a wooden shop which sold Horse meat for Human Consumption.
Just maybe there was a little bit of extra bt of Slaughter on overtime.

jgl1954

Post by jgl1954 »

Cardiarms wrote:Back of the Morritt arms is s roman settlement isn't it?
Yes there have been Roman relics found there. I was going to mention this but didn't for some reason. For those who don't know, the Morritt Arms is near Barnard Castle.