Meanwood ghost near the Globe pub?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Minda

Meanwood ghost near the Globe pub?

Post by Minda »

I didn't see this with my own eyes unfortunately but sometime around 1996 (possibly after one of the "reclaim the street" parties that used to happen in the town centre) I was walking with a few friends from the direction of Sheepscar to the Globe pub in meanwood, which at the time was a squat which was being used as a bar. I was walking in front with one friend and our two other friends were walking a bit behind us. They caught us up when we got to the globe and very matter of factly told us they'd seen a ghost. They said (if I remember correctly) a man had started to walk across the road in front of them (behind where I was unfortunately) but had quite literally vanished into thin air in the middle of the road.

It was after dark but none of us had had alcohol or drugs and there was nowhere this man could have hidden. It was just an open road. Both people who saw it were very calm about it and I had no feeling at all that it was a joke. They didn't make a big deal about it afterwards but they stuck to their story with complete confidence.

I'm not in touch with either of them any more but I do occasionally bump into one of them. Next time I do I'll ask him about it.

Anyone else know of any ghost sightings in this area? We'd walked down the street that runs between the Globe and what is now a volvo dealer.