Haunted House near East End Park

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Jon_R_

Haunted House near East End Park

Post by Jon_R_ »

Hi everyone. At the time of writing this I am your newest member and am loving this forum!

I am wondering whether anyone knows of an alleged haunted house that is on East Park Parade, just round the corner from Ivy Street. I was told about this by a friend in the early 90's who said that the house had a lot of poltergeist activity and that it was always up for sale.
Any information for this would be greatly received and I apologise if this has already been mentioned in a previous post.
Last edited by Jon_R_ on Mon 02 May, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worked in Leeds Market in the 80's and Royal Mail on Wellington Street in the 90's.

hyperioncantlogin

Re: Haunted House near East End Park

Post by hyperioncantlogin »

Hi Jon_R_,
This has been mentioned before on this site,but it seems like years ago.I found the whole thing very intriguing so much so that even to this day when i pass i have to have a look. It does seem to have a lot of tenants,but for supernatural goings-on i dont know.I think it was suggested to be the first house of the block of four near the sharp bent turning into ivy street.

Jon_R_

Post by Jon_R_ »

Hi Hyperioncantlogin,
Thanks for the reply. Just hearing that it has been mentioned before confirms that my friend wasn't talking total rubbish! He told me that the house was the second one in from the right as you look at the row of four by the bend, but he may have got that wrong. I too used to have a good look every time I passed (but maybe after all this time at the wrong one!).
Worked in Leeds Market in the 80's and Royal Mail on Wellington Street in the 90's.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

hyperioncantlogin wrote:Hi Jon_R_,
This has been mentioned before on this site,but it seems like years ago.I found the whole thing very intriguing so much so that even to this day when i pass i have to have a look. It does seem to have a lot of tenants,but for supernatural goings-on i dont know.I think it was suggested to be the first house of the block of four near the sharp bent turning into ivy street.
In a site search I could only find 3 mentions posts 1 and 3 starting from http://www.secretleeds.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=36 and then much later in the thread but only quoting post 1 and mentioning that that was where she met her spouse of 40+ years
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

hyperioncantlogin

Post by hyperioncantlogin »

Jon_R_

Post by Jon_R_ »

Thanks tyke bhoy, thanks hyperioncantlogin.
So basicaly, the first three houses on East Park Parade are all haunted then?!? Lol. On a serious note, it's great to hear that something, be it paranormal or otherwise, is happening in one of them. I've wondered about this house for years and it's great that you have taken the time to help with my query. Cheers!