December 9th 1965 murder

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
liits

Re: December 9th 1965 murder

Post by liits »

Courts have the right to impose reporting restrictions on cases and this is normally decided upon jointly by the prosecution, defence and the judge although the judge can decide for him/herself.
While there are lots of reasons, the following are the most common; preventing reporting where publication would interfere with the duty to provide protection from a threat to a person's life or personal safety [although this only came in in 2007]. This applies to witnesses and defendants. In the interests of morals, public order or national security. Where the interests of juveniles or the protection of the private lives of the parties so require. To the extent strictly necessary in the opinion of the court in special circumstances where publicity would prejudice the interests of justice.
Its the last one that I have a problem with. It sounds like a wordy version of "where the police have "fitted up" a body - not that they ever would! On the plus side, the committal to trial, plea, verdict and any judicial pronouncements are public and cannot be withheld.

rob1984

Post by rob1984 »

I have no idea.i have tried to find informations but gone nowhere.

Emma84

Post by Emma84 »

rob1984 wrote:Lynn lumb was my grandmother on my mum side.my mum discovered her dead body on her 6th birthday.there is a gagging order on the trial/court informations,and it isn't available to the public
I'm sorry this happened to your family.
I haven't found anything other than these articles to link it to my grandad and still hoping it's a coincidence. One day I might work the courage up to ask my Nan about it