Jokes

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
jim

Re: Jokes

Post by jim »

Hi francof The new poster posted a large number of messages solely concerned with "spiritualist" and "hauntings" matters. I did my best to gently let him know that this was not a site solely concerned with such topics and advised him that another site might be a better option for his single interest material. If I have been unintentionally rude or dismissive, I apologise, but still feel that this not the place for one apparently concerned only with such things.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

francof wrote:Fair comments csnosi, well put and thanks for your reply. No one wants a long pointless online "war". We've all suffered the fallout those kind of explosions can cause However the site does say dedicated to the quirky, unusual or mysterious aspects of Leeds. So maybe at times we should expect quirky and unusual people to be drawn to this place. It does sadden me however when a new poster is told that the majority of people on the sight are concerned with "bricks and mortar" and told politely to look for more accepting readers elsewhere what kind of message does that send out to potential new and interesting contributors?
Fair point well made though i would argue that we already have quirky and unusual people,myself included!

The thing is there has to be a boundary of some sort and some comments made by this chap were a little reactionary, especially in a reply to one post (which has now gone) in which he dais that the person to whom he was replying maybe should not have been looking at the topic page themselves as they had expressed a lack of faith in what was being posted with regards paranormal happenings.

Sorry but thats out of order in my book and combined with the reaction to the "raised properly" incident i posted my message in the hope that he maybe hadnt realised what he had said and how he had said it and that he could carry on posting on the site in constructive rather than slightly antagonistic manner.

Two incidents in a short space of time from a new contributor starts the alarm bells ringing,would rather pour a cup of water on any potential flames than call the fire brigade for a bigger fire so to speak.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

francof

Post by francof »

Hi Jim. Please do not feel the need to apologise. Just because I disagreed with something you posted doesn't mean that my comments are in any way more valid than your own. In fact I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of SL members would probably agree with the sentiments you expressed. I can fully understand how the moderators hearts must sink when confronted with a post like my original contribution to this thread, especially after the "civil war" type scenario that played out last year. We all want a happy, informative and interesting site. However I maintain, and I'm sure most members will agree there is always a place for reasoned, non hysterical debate. A little like the one Jim,Cnosi and dare I say myself have just been involved in.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

I like a debate and I also like everyone to express their opinions on a subject but I have been accused in the past of being soft when debates have gone on,though I think I know a debate from fisticuffs.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Okay lets lighten up a bit

:arrow:

Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

buffaloskinner wrote:
j.c.d. wrote:
SpiritBoxAlan wrote:A/Z

I love jokes but don't get this "A to Z" even after it was edited ? ...... is it me ? could someone explain please.

I think he has removed all his posts :o Someone spooked him off

Maybe there is something in this after all. Only last night I gave a lift to a young blonde mini skirted girl up on Dewsbury Road, I think she might have been a Witch with magical powers because after a while she put her hand on my knee and I immediately turned into a layby.

francof

Post by francof »

WHAAAY HAAAAY! Who said music hall was dead?