Spirits

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Cardiarms

Re: Spirits

Post by Cardiarms »

I think it was a joke based on the play on words offered by the mis-spelling of 'bred' as 'bread'. There's probably a proper word to describe it I spent too much time loafing around in English lessons.

SpiritBoxAlan

Post by SpiritBoxAlan »

A/Z
Last edited by SpiritBoxAlan on Tue 03 Mar, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

SpiritBoxAlan wrote:
Bruno wrote:
SpiritBoxAlan wrote: I was born and bread in Leeds
I do hope you were raised properly :D
I dont understand what or how i was raised has to do with this thread,its completley off topic and is ruining what could turn into an interesting and educating thread.Hope you are taking note Admin/moderators.But just for the record i was raised by my mum and my step father the latter has had a great influence on my life.He is my hero and has supported and helped me through my life.Much more than my real father ever did.I have up untill now had 3 successfull businesses including the one i have now.So that speaks for itself proving i must have been raised and brough up properley,I respect eveyone in life(including spirits) and always look at things from their point of view too.Now can we get back on track of what this thread is all about please.
Hello SpiritBoxAlan

Indeed myself and fellow Mods are watching and though we welcome new contributors to the site i must point out that this is a friendly site and that even though we aim to remain respectful to all members we do sometimes like a bit of a laugh so to speak.

Bruno, in this context was making a harmless joke about being "raised" in relation to being born and "Bread" in Leeds.

As you used the word "Bread" as opposed to the correct word (in that context) "Bred" then Bruno was merely having a bit of a laugh with regards an easily made grammatical mistake and put the word "raised" in to relate to bread "raising" in the oven.

Im sure that once you look back at Brunos message and your original post that you will see that there was absolutely no malice in what he wrote.

However i must point out that not everyone agrees with or believes in what you are posting on the two threads that you have started but most importantly some will say that neither of the threads have a specific "Leeds centric" theme to their content.

With this in mind would it please be possible for you to limit any threads that you start to the subject of Leeds and its immediate environs , be that paranormal or historical/geographical/built environment etc etc subject.

Also, bearing in mind the friendliness of this site,would you please be kind enough not berate anyone on the webpages as this can lead to conflict on what is an easy going and friendly website.

If you find that you have serious concerns with regards other members and what they post then please feel free to contact any of the Mods through clicking on their relevant icons.

regards

cnosni,Moderator
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Sorry Alan, no offence was intended.
Bruno.
The older I get, the better I was.

francof

Post by francof »

Perhaps we should create a thread about infamous past posters on Secret Leeds. I for one sometimes welcome the chaos these "mavericks" cause and the outraged response they elicit. I'm sure many of you remember the Sticks episode a few years ago. Funniest thing ever on S.L.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

francof wrote:Perhaps we should create a thread about infamous past posters on Secret Leeds. I for one sometimes welcome the chaos these "mavericks" cause and the outraged response they elicit. I'm sure many of you remember the Sticks episode a few years ago. Funniest thing ever on S.L.
Hear hear(Where?)Francof! Bring back Sticks AND Fevlad to liven things up a bit. They both could get very Crusty? lol (I did!).
No Offence meant-ever.

anthonyw

Post by anthonyw »

Sticks was a legend.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:arrow:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Arry Awk wrote:
francof wrote:Perhaps we should create a thread about infamous past posters on Secret Leeds. I for one sometimes welcome the chaos these "mavericks" cause and the outraged response they elicit. I'm sure many of you remember the Sticks episode a few years ago. Funniest thing ever on S.L.
Hear hear(Where?)Francof! Bring back Sticks AND Fevlad to liven things up a bit. They both could get very Crusty? lol (I did!).
No Offence meant-ever.
Trouble is Arry is that its the Mods who have to deal with it,the personal emails from other members complaining about this and that.

If anyone wants outrage then go on the Yorkshire Evening Post website forums, its madder than a UKIP Mad Hatters party.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]