Anyone know of a decent Medium?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Not being funny, would like to take my (foreign) partner along, she half believes, I don't but I've seen enough of these to make me wonder.So we're both more or less half and half, and we're not thick, we can spot leading questions and attempts at cold reading, so not looking for gypsy in a tent lol!!Seriously though, any recommendations, like I say, I'm a sceptic, but I do feel there is 'something'...We're LS13 but anywhere really is ok....

Whyme

Post by Whyme »

I was a medium when i was younger, But now i am an extra large! Sorry i will get my coat.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

don't waste your money - its all a con , as old as time - mugs have been falling for these tricks for centuries and continue to do so.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Whyme wrote: I was a medium when i was younger, But now i am an extra large! Sorry i will get my coat. Burrum, tish!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Is there anybody there??. Personally i think its a load of rubbbish. My old Mother used to relate a story about an old women circa 1930s who lived in East St. Leeds who claimed to have mystic powers. she went by the grand name of Madam Kettle. she used to tell fortunes for 3d. on Fridays (payday) to the young lasses who worked in the Tailoring business . her main thrust seemed to be if a girl did not have a ring on she "Could see a Tall young man with a dark Jacket and light trousers coming into your life". In the tailoring industry in those days it seems that the Checkers and various factory managers all wore dark jackets with light grey trousers......... Job done

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

I can give you the name of someone I saw about 10 years ago. She told me things I didn't know about but which my father confirmed. I don't want to put it on a public forum so email me and I'll let you know. [email protected]

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

My best mate when I was a young man lived with his gran who was a Medium. One time we were waiting for a taxi at the house and we heard a car horn beep outside. She said 'That's your taxi outside'.It wasn't.......

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

grumpybloke wrote: I can give you the name of someone I saw about 10 years ago. She told me things I didn't know about but which my father confirmed. I don't want to put it on a public forum so email me and I'll let you know. [email protected] Tried mate, but mail bounces Maybe it was due to unforeseen circumstances?!

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I used to know a lady called Marian who believed she was some kind of clairvoyant / medium. She used to do interesting paintings on silk which she reckoned were influenced by the 'spirits'. I've no idea how to contact her or indeed if she is still alive. There was also a woman called Tracy Warrior who ran a shop called 'Spirit of the Age' in Huddersfield, she would do clairvoyant / psychic 'readings' for a fee. I met her when I helped organise a series of 'Psychic Fairs' back in the '90s with a guy called Alex Scadden from Morley. We had a few at Morley Town Hall and Bradford Library amongst other places.Sometimes at these 'Psychic Fairs' I would assist in running a parapsychology book stall for Joe Cooper and I would sometimes help out with an ESP test - a bit like that scene in 'Ghostbusters' where Bill Murray is holding up cards with pictures of stars / wavy lines etc and asking the test subject to guess what the image on the card was.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

Wanderer wrote: grumpybloke wrote: I can give you the name of someone I saw about 10 years ago. She told me things I didn't know about but which my father confirmed. I don't want to put it on a public forum so email me and I'll let you know. [email protected] Tried mate, but mail bounces Maybe it was due to unforeseen circumstances?! That's odd! Never mind, try [email protected]