A HAUNTED PERSON?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

After many years of being interested in ghosts and hauntings I've come to the conclusion that on occasions it may not be the place thats haunted but the individual.I've lived in Leeds all my life and have had many a spooky encounter, after all these encounters I ask myself the question is it the place or can it be the person thats haunted?I've visited many historical sites in and around Leeds and at all these places I have had feelings that can only be described as at best unusual and at worst dam right disturbing, feelings of being able to recall the particular site as it was in its heyday, I've never felt actual fear but I've heard noises, smelt smells senced feelings of joy and aprehention I've actually felt the fear of others but not been afraid myself, I have recalled names known in history that have not been recorded in any well used history book, I don't like to use the word psychic but I saw a news report of the death/murder of Lord Mountbatten before he actually died in a dream.Has anybody felt the same feelings or had a similar experience?

simonm

Post by simonm »

You may have the ability to "tune" in to the spirit world. If thats the case and you would like to learn to use the ability without the randomness of the uninitiated, you need to be contacting those that can helpGhostbusters!!!!sorry, really, look up you closest spiritual church and go visit. It's not the same a "normal" church and no one will judge. Very very helpfull and willing to teach you to use your ability!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

mmmm. I'm sceptical about all this although i have to keep my promise & explore a most haunted very reputable place to see ghosts so i'm told with several people quoting these sightings! Although it's nowhere near Leeds i still feel obliged to investigate this phenonema... Blackpool tower is nearer this location than the Leeds town hall but i still intend to give it the utmost attention to detail & try capture the ghostly sighting of the young girl still said to haunt the place after her untimely murder over 100 yrs ago, She is said to be bathed in a mysterious fog light with strange green lights shining down upon her when she appears, By the way 3 people have since died in this 'Death trap' of a place so conclude the North West of England constabulary!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

I take it you'll be taking every precaution then?
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

NAY LAD :-) were tough as ol boots from Yorkshire!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

FLITZ wrote: After many years of being interested in ghosts and hauntings I've come to the conclusion that on occasions it may not be the place thats haunted but the individual.I've lived in Leeds all my life and have had many a spooky encounter, after all these encounters I ask myself the question is it the place or can it be the person thats haunted?I've visited many historical sites in and around Leeds and at all these places I have had feelings that can only be described as at best unusual and at worst dam right disturbing, feelings of being able to recall the particular site as it was in its heyday, I've never felt actual fear but I've heard noises, smelt smells senced feelings of joy and aprehention I've actually felt the fear of others but not been afraid myself, I have recalled names known in history that have not been recorded in any well used history book, I don't like to use the word psychic but I saw a news report of the death/murder of Lord Mountbatten before he actually died in a dream.Has anybody felt the same feelings or had a similar experience? i dreamt that john wayne had died,the day before he did.i never told anyone until now.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

My theory also is that some people are just more sensitive to the spirit world. Some are more spiritually aware or more tuned in than others. I also tend to think the more open minded you are to things is a factor too. You'll find, more often than not, that people who vehemently deny believing in such things, are scared of the unknown, which then leads to them closing themselves off to anything in the least bit spiritual. In turn, spirit won't appear or paranormal things won't happen to them, as spirit know they're fearful of it. It's a Catch 22 really, as it then perpetuates the myth for the non-believer, in saying it's all tosh, cos nothing ever happens to them! Do you get where I'm coming from?!!! Well, it makes sense to me!!!! lol (But the the strangest of things does usually!!!)

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Leeds Lass wrote: My theory also is that some people are just more sensitive to the spirit world. Some are more spiritually aware or more tuned in than others. I also tend to think the more open minded you are to things is a factor too. You'll find, more often than not, that people who vehemently deny believing in such things, are scared of the unknown, which then leads to them closing themselves off to anything in the least bit spiritual. In turn, spirit won't appear or paranormal things won't happen to them, as spirit know they're fearful of it. It's a Catch 22 really, as it then perpetuates the myth for the non-believer, in saying it's all tosh, cos nothing ever happens to them! Do you get where I'm coming from?!!! Well, it makes sense to me!!!! lol (But the the strangest of things does usually!!!) i have many things to tell you about people and places...things i have always kept to myself,now someone is listening,i may unload a bit more.............................dw
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Go Wiiigggyyy, Go Wiiigggyyy!!! C'mon, I've dared to share. . . Dare you?!! ;-) Deb x

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

PS - You'll meet none stranger than me lad!!! lol ;-)