hi

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

cnosni wrote: [Hope your not losing your sense of humour Steve I'm not but I thought for someone posting for the first time it wasn't a good way of encouraging them or giving a good impression of how helpful SL can be, hence my comments and I'm glad to see the follow ups from people. People know that I can take a joke (and of course I have dolls of the main members to stick pins in anyway<G>) but that is because we know each other well ,having met on here, and in some cases in person.    
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Steve Jones wrote: cnosni wrote: [Hope your not losing your sense of humour Steve I'm not but I thought for someone posting for the first time it wasn't a good way of encouraging them or giving a good impression of how helpful SL can be, hence my comments and I'm glad to see the follow ups from people. People know that I can take a joke (and of course I have dolls of the main members to stick pins in anyway<G>) but that is because we know each other well ,having met on here, and in some cases in person.     In future Mr, Jones if I have anything to say I'll make sure I run it by you for your approval. I'll go to my room now if that's alright? :-)
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Johnny39 wrote: [In future Mr, Jones if I have anything to say I'll make sure I run it by you for your approval. I'll go to my room now if that's alright? :-) No I trust you<G>,you can go to your room ,and even have a jam butty while in there<LOL>

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Was going to jump into this thread yesterday and smooth things over but I'm glad to see everyone's managed to resolve the situation together. Welcome to the site Laney, thanks for being friendly Steve, and cheers to Johnny and Anthony for having a sense of humour about things     
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Hi Laney31, I used to do a psychic studies / parapsychology evening class in Morley which was run by Joe Cooper who wrote a book on the Cottingley Fairies. Our group was a mixed bunch of students and mediums / clairvoyants etc. We did a few 'field trips' to places like Kirkstall Abbey which is quite atmospheric in the twilight, also there use to be the QE2 pub in Armley that was reputedly haunted - and handy for refreshments. We visited there and did some kind of vigil by candlelight.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

laney31

Post by laney31 »

we were at kirkstall abbey last night and lets put it this way i collected my heart on the way home lol its a very intresting place
e toole

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

laney31 wrote: we were at kirkstall abbey last night and lets put it this way i collected my heart on the way home lol its a very intresting place the Museum across the road is also interesting.Have you tried Temple Newsam grounds? lots of things there (see the Temple Newsam thread for more info).

laney31

Post by laney31 »

we are looking into it also just looking for some free places
e toole

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Hi Laney31, I tell you another spot we frequented with the psychic research group that is free to visit. The old ruins of Howley Hall inbetween Morley and Batley. Here are some details about the place:"Howley Hall at Soothill was built during the 1580s by Sir John Savile, a member of the great Yorkshire landowners, the Savile family. The house was besieged during the English Civil War in 1643 before the Battle of Adwalton Moor but appears to have sustained no serious damage. It continued to be occupied during the 17th century but fell into disrepair. Howley Hall was demolished in 1730. Many ruins exist including the cellars of its great hall.".The ruins are located on the edge of a golf course just off Scotchman Lane and overlooking the Dewsbury / Batley area. If you go there at the right time of day - ideally dusk, the place is very atmospheric and there are ruins and underground vaults to be explored. There are centuries of history around here and the place is only a few miles from the Adwalton Moor civil war battlefield. I used to live nearby and while growing up I heard local stories of ghostly apparitions of wounded / dying soldiers in English civil war dress roaming the landscape. Apparently dozens of cannonballs and musket rounds have been unearthed in the area. Plus the Needless Inn is only about 1/2 a mile away which is a nice place to have a meal or drink!
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Jon is right about Howley hall.i too have been there,very interesting place though watch out for holes if going at night.lots of legends and ghost tales ,plus a holy well nearby although that is on private land.