Have you had a Paranormal experience?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
barnie

Post by barnie »

I too have enjoyed this thread immensely, but also don't have anything to offer. Excellent stories Bruno, thanks for posting them.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

This is a thread I...'haunt' now and again (see what I did there).If you're bored with current American TV, try a good british scary story from the BBC 1990 (see pic). Stars Albert Finney. Gave me worse nightmares than that cheese     
Attachments
__TFMF_z3sklli5uv5diozzruvehj45_1fc44125-fb59-4147-b422-0204892d304b_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_z3sklli5uv5diozzruvehj45_1fc44125-fb59-4147-b422-0204892d304b_0_main.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 16250 times

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Jogon wrote: This is a thread I...'haunt' now and again I had wondered how long it would be before he manifested himself on here...
The older I get, the better I was.

York Road Lad

Post by York Road Lad »

I read somewhere that The Palace pub is meant to be haunted by the ghost of a former guest. I certainly had a very strange experience there a couple of years ago. I was sat with two friends near to the door at the Parish Church end. It is a double door at that end - with a narrow door and a wide door. Normally, the narrow door is kept closed by a bolt - and is presumably only opened when a wider access is needed. That's just as well as only the wide door has a spring mechanism to close it. If the bolt on the narrow door is off - it often swings open and stays open - and can be very cold and draughty if you are sat nearby. On the occasion in question, my friends and I were sat next to the door - and it kept swinging open. We kept getting up to close it and, each time, we put the bolt firmly back into place. The bolt is broken now - but it wasn't then - and it was quite stiff - too stiff for the door to be opened accidentally or by the wind. Yet the door kept blowing open. Each time we re-fixed the bolt. We were sat next to the door and were all certain that no-one went near the bolt - yet the door kept opening. Very strange - we could find no rational explanation.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

45man

Post by 45man »

I used to be a relief manager at The Purple Door lap dancing bar in York Place about 12 years ago.Part of the premises was basement level,with mirrors running the length of one wall.Many times when I was cashing up alone at the end of the night,I used to see shadows moving in the mirrors often.It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end,and you wouldn't see me for dust locking and alarming the place.Previous to that I worked at the Queens Hotel which is supposed to be haunted,heard many tales but never saw anything myself.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

45man wrote: I used to be a relief manager at The Purple Door lap dancing bar in York Place about 12 years ago.Part of the premises was basement level,with mirrors running the length of one wall.Many times when I was cashing up alone at the end of the night,I used to see shadows moving in the mirrors often.It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end,and you wouldn't see me for dust locking and alarming the place.Previous to that I worked at the Queens Hotel which is supposed to be haunted,heard many tales but never saw anything myself. Perfectly credible spook story 45man but come on. Relief manager at a lap dancing bar? That sounds like too much information.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Perfectly credible spook story 45man but come on. Relief manager at a lap dancing bar? That sounds like too much information. Brilliant

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

We preferred to drink at the Irish Club ( The Papal Door)

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

45man wrote: I used to be a relief manager at The Purple Door lap dancing bar in York Place about 12 years ago.Part of the premises was basement level,with mirrors running the length of one wall.Many times when I was cashing up alone at the end of the night,I used to see shadows moving in the mirrors often.It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end,and you wouldn't see me for dust locking and alarming the place.Previous to that I worked at the Queens Hotel which is supposed to be haunted,heard many tales but never saw anything myself. This is just down the road fromwhere i work(no,I haven't been in).I don't think it has been there 12 years though.i have been working at Tribunals since 2002 and it wasn't going then.i think it opened around 2004 in York Place.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

With reference to the ghostly sound of children playing in Hollyshaw Lane, Grumpytramp's information on the history of the area, as featured on this thread from earlier this year, makes interesting reading. http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ighLight=1
The older I get, the better I was.