Have you had a Paranormal experience?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Now talking on the subject,I wish I had one of these below......http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6a8Eimr-fm0brings a whole new meaning to BYO !
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Johnny, the events I'm describing took place over a roughly two year period starting from late 1977. I can tell you that the house wasn't on Hollyshaw Lane itself, but you could have chucked a brick into Hollyshaw Lane from the front garden. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to give the exact address on here.
The older I get, the better I was.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Bruno wrote: Johnny, the events I'm describing took place over a roughly two year period starting from late 1977. I can tell you that the house wasn't on Hollyshaw Lane itself, but you could have chucked a brick into Hollyshaw Lane from the front garden. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to give the exact address on here. Thanks Bruno, I wasn't looking for an address which as you correctly say would be inappropriate, it was really just to see if I was living in the area at the time - which I was. Thanks once again for relating your very interesting tales.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

lmhowe50

Post by lmhowe50 »

I lived back/front of harehills cemertary for 7 years Stories of witches (my cat went missing Was supposed to be witches coven. I saw bats flying many a night. Couple who where daring made out there Was supposed to be boby snatching for students from St James I thought I saw a statue walking but it may have been a weeping angel Yes I am a Doctor Who fan My garden backed onto the cemertary In day light I would cut through to Harehills Lane Sometimes on way home from Compton Arms at night I would cut through as fast as my legs would carry me

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Bruno wrote: Haunted Hollyshaw; Part 2.The old man I saw, and who was,  as I found out later, seen by others,  appeared to be a benign presence, apparently confined to the front room. The same could not be said about the more disturbing crying baby on the attic level of the house.Many evenings, always after dark, the loud and clear sound of a crying baby would come from the top floor of the house (the house had cellars, a  ground floor and two upper levels).  There was no baby in the house of course, nor was there one next door.  Having been a cat owner myself, I am aware that a calling female cat  is capable of producing a surprisingly human sound, but the circumstances suggested that this was no cat.On at least three occasions, the family and I gathered together in an attempt to access the attic floor whilst the baby was crying, and each time the result was exactly the same.  We would go up to the first floor landing and the noise would continue, however, the very instant the first person put their foot on the lowest step of the final flight  of stairs the crying would stop as suddenly as if the step was an electric switch which turned off the sound.  Going back along the landing would cause the crying to recommence, but any repeated attempt to mount the stairs would lead to the same abrupt ceasing of the sound when the first step was touched.The family actually had a pet cat which would happily go up to the first floor, but it would not on any account go up the stairs to the top floor -any attempt to carry the animal up there would cause it to become frantic, and it would scratch and struggle until the person carrying it was forced to release it.In the end, the crying came to be accepted and, as far as possible, ignored.  Sometimes it continued throughout the evening. Hi Bruno,             think that outstrips my story mate ! cheers for posting.....find the subject fascinating but slightly disturbing,however not to the point of blanking out these events that have occurred only a few times throughout my life.It's usually interesting to read other peoples post about these life events.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

If I get time later this evening, I'll recount the concluding part of this tale. It has a bit of a twist (and, no, it's not that I've been making it all up).
The older I get, the better I was.

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

In my mid teens I dreamt one night of a plane being loaded with coffins in the snow. Our YEP came that evening and on the front page there was a report of an air crash in Austria(?) I remember the shock when I looked at it and I just threw the paper onto the stairs with a cold chill down my back.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Bruno wrote: If I get time later this evening, I'll recount the concluding part of this tale. It has a bit of a twist (and, no, it's not that I've been making it all up). Cheers Bruno.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

somme1916 wrote: Bruno wrote: If I get time later this evening, I'll recount the concluding part of this tale. It has a bit of a twist (and, no, it's not that I've been making it all up). Cheers Bruno. I very much look forward to reading it!
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

[quotenick="lmhowe50"]I lived back/front of harehills cemertary for 7 years Stories of witches (my cat went missing Was supposed to be witches coven. "I can definitely state as a witch,that no witches would kill a cat or steal one!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!