Have you had a Paranormal experience?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

That wasn't the only strange thing to happen in that house, by a long chalk, but the others were more sinister and scary. I'll recount them later - typing all that lot on an iPad using a stylus was more than a five minute job for a Saturday evening, I can tell you.
The older I get, the better I was.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Bruno wrote: That wasn't the only strange thing to happen in that house, by a long chalk, but the others were more sinister and scary. I'll recount them later - typing all that lot on an iPad using a stylus was more than a five minute job for a Saturday evening, I can tell you. Well done anyway,                             we look forward in anticipation,to the continuation of these stories.May your sleep be undisturbed.    
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

That's another spooky thing Somme; your suggestion that I'm being "influenced by spirits" was there one moment and had disappeared the next.....

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Bruno wrote: That's another spooky thing Somme; your suggestion that I'm being "influenced by spirits" was there one moment and had disappeared the next..... I like that ........Seriously,i like this subject for many reasons....thanks for share
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

somme1916 wrote: Bruno wrote: That's another spooky thing Somme; your suggestion that I'm being "influenced by spirits" was there one moment and had disappeared the next..... I like that ........Seriously,i like this subject for many reasons....thanks for share Great story Bruno well worth the wait. I lived for a spell close to Hollyshaw Lane both top and bottom at different times and it was a lane I was always reluctant to walk in the dark, even going to the extent of walking up the Ring Road rather than use it. Don't ask me why.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

[quotenick="Bruno"]T"One evening my girlfriend and I were alone together in the front room of the house.  Due to the (how can I put this on a respectable board?) erm... Due to the configuration in which  we found ourselves on the sofa, I was looking over her shoulder, and she was facing the opposite direction.  I looked in to the main area of the room and saw, sitting three or four feet away in an armchair, an elderly gentleman with a peaceful look of contentment on his face. "Actually as a Pagan I know that this type of activity (got to be careful with my words) can cause spirits to use the energy to manifest.not happened to me personally (very offputting I would think) but I know of a couple who saw The Owlman of Mawnan in Cornwall whilst "otherwise engaged"
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Steve Jones wrote: As a Pagan I know that this type of activity (got to be careful with my words) can cause spirits to use the energy to manifest. Well, that would certainly explain the complete lack of supernatural manifestations since I got married.

jim

Post by jim »

Steve Jones wrote: Actually as a Pagan I know that this type of activity (got to be careful with my words) can cause spirits to use the energy to manifest.not happened to me personally (very offputting I would think) but I know of a couple who saw The Owlman of Mawnan in Cornwall whilst "otherwise engaged" I presume it's the effect of the earth moving, Steve

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Haunted Hollyshaw; Part 2.The old man I saw, and who was,  as I found out later, seen by others,  appeared to be a benign presence, apparently confined to the front room. The same could not be said about the more disturbing crying baby on the attic level of the house.Many evenings, always after dark, the loud and clear sound of a crying baby would come from the top floor of the house (the house had cellars, a  ground floor and two upper levels).  There was no baby in the house of course, nor was there one next door.  Having been a cat owner myself, I am aware that a calling female cat  is capable of producing a surprisingly human sound, but the circumstances suggested that this was no cat.On at least three occasions, the family and I gathered together in an attempt to access the attic floor whilst the baby was crying, and each time the result was exactly the same.  We would go up to the first floor landing and the noise would continue, however, the very instant the first person put their foot on the lowest step of the final flight  of stairs the crying would stop as suddenly as if the step was an electric switch which turned off the sound.  Going back along the landing would cause the crying to recommence, but any repeated attempt to mount the stairs would lead to the same abrupt ceasing of the sound when the first step was touched.The family actually had a pet cat which would happily go up to the first floor, but it would not on any account go up the stairs to the top floor -any attempt to carry the animal up there would cause it to become frantic, and it would scratch and struggle until the person carrying it was forced to release it.In the end, the crying came to be accepted and, as far as possible, ignored.  Sometimes it continued throughout the evening.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Bruno wrote: Haunted Hollyshaw; Part 2.The old man I saw, and who was,  as I found out later, seen by others,  appeared to be a benign presence, apparently confined to the front room. The same could not be said about the more disturbing crying baby on the attic level of the house.Many evenings, always after dark, the loud and clear sound of a crying baby would come from the top floor of the house (the house had cellars, a  ground floor and two upper levels).  There was no baby in the house of course, nor was there one next door.  Having been a cat owner myself, I am aware that a calling female cat  is capable of producing a surprisingly human sound, but the circumstances suggested that this was no cat.On at least three occasions, the family and I gathered together in an attempt to access the attic floor whilst the baby was crying, and each time the result was exactly the same.  We would go up to the first floor landing and the noise would continue, however, the very instant the first person put their foot on the lowest step of the final flight  of stairs the crying would stop as suddenly as if the step was an electric switch which turned off the sound.  Going back along the landing would cause the crying to recommence, but any repeated attempt to mount the stairs would lead to the same abrupt ceasing of the sound when the first step was touched.The family actually had a pet cat which would happily go up to the first floor, but it would not on any account go up the stairs to the top floor -any attempt to carry the animal up there would cause it to become frantic, and it would scratch and struggle until the person carrying it was forced to release it.In the end, the crying came to be accepted and, as far as possible, ignored.  Sometimes it continued throughout the evening. Great stories Bruno and very well told. Just out of interest can you put a rough date as to when this occurred - 70's or 80's and was it one of the Victorian houses facing on to Hollyshaw Lane? As I've said before it was a road I avoided using in the dark for unknown reason but I nearly had a heart-attack after getting off the 2.00 a.m. bus and walking up the Ring Road one morning. I tended to walk at the side of the road only moving on to the pavement when I reached Baronsmead. I was in the process of doing this one morning when out of the shadows stepped two black figures. I nearly died of fright there and then. "Where are you going at this time of a morning?" one of them asked. It turned out they were a bobby and a special on Ripper watch and I got a right grilling before they let me go. It took me about a week to stop shaking.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?