Have you had a Paranormal experience?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Firecracker

Post by Firecracker »

Hello! I am working on pulling together a collection of stories from people around Yorkshire. Real stories of your ghostly experiences. Ever seen a weird ghostly apparition that disappeared? Strange noises and things moving of their apparently own free will in your house? These are the kind of things I am looking for.I am also looking for myths and urban legends from around Yorkshire. The haunted house, the creature in the woods etc. I’m eventually wanting to create a website where I can share all these with the public (names can be left off) and have a kind of catalogue of paranormal experiences for around Yorkshire.If anyone has any stories for me I would love to hear them. Can you please email me on [email protected]!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I don't know about paranormal, but something strange happened to me one night in the old abandoned cinema You can read it here if you likehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/210931 ... 3455506881
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

p

Post by p »

Not sure but I've photographed an orb in my house and theirs been a few noises as well as sudden cold feelings. For such a small area as the Longroyds down Beeston is, it has an unusual number of different types of houses, i.e high back to backs, low back to backs, semi detached houses and modern town houses/flats as well as a converted mansion type house thrown in for good measure. It looks like theirs been a lot of development at different periods over the years,I'm now begining to wonder if the Longroyds had a cemetery at some point that was built over?

p

Post by p »

Not sure but I've photographed an orb in my house and theirs been a few noises as well as sudden cold feelings. Theirs a part of Hunslet Moor, Beeston that's unusual. In such a small area bounded by Tunstall Road, the motorway, the fields along Burton Road and Dewsbury Road up to Tesco, it has an unusualy high number of different types of houses, i.e high back to backs, low back to backs, semi detached houses and modern town houses/flats as well as a converted mansion type house thrown in for good measure. It looks like theirs been a lot of development at different periods over the years,I'm now begining to wonder if the Longroyds and surrounding streets had a cemetery at some point that was built over, or if the area suffered badly with bombs during the war?    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Don't think so, nothing Paranormal. I take the view that in the UK there is no 'otherlife' or 'wildifle' to be frightened of - just humans. However I would be frightened going in tunnels and philld-style scary derelicts.But cheese makes me dream (well nightmares really).I had a Pound and a half of Red Leicester from Morrisons at Kirkstall once. Ooh terrible dreams.I dreamt I was in a Theatre, standing in the wings, dishevelled.I didn't know where I was, or what my lines were.I was wearing just underpants, holding a half-empty litre bottle of Vodka.Oh, no hang on, that's not a dream! That's when I did me King Lear with the Brackenwood Players at St Edmunds Parochial Church Hall, June 2009.[ps -apologies to those who caught the original on R4)

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Jogon wrote: Don't think so, nothing Paranormal. I take the view that in the UK there is no 'otherlife' or 'wildifle' to be frightened of - just humans. However I would be frightened going in tunnels and philld-style scary derelicts.But cheese makes me dream (well nightmares really).I had a Pound and a half of Red Leicester from Morrisons at Kirkstall once. Ooh terrible dreams.I dreamt I was in a Theatre, standing in the wings, dishevelled.I didn't know where I was, or what my lines were.I was wearing just underpants, holding a half-empty litre bottle of Vodka.Oh, no hang on, that's not a dream! That's when I did me King Lear with the Brackenwood Players at St Edmunds Parochial Church Hall, June 2009.[ps -apologies to those who caught the original on R4) Ha Ha jogon......vouch for the cheese....it definitely plays tricks in the sleeping department.I'm sure there's some very good pharmacological reason why.Will relate one story though....As a young 'un of about 10 in a kids home in Wakefield.I was in a small dormitory of 4 beds about 10 in the evening.The others were asleep...and I swear honest to this day that the bedsheets/top blanket was slowly pulled from the bottom of my bed leaving me on top of the bed with no top covers.No one in sight or even awake.very eerie.......mindst you,it was a very eerie victorian hall.Scared the pants off me and still does to this day.Was a very strange quiet atmosphere abroad at the time.    
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

About twenty-five years ago I was fishing in a match on the river Derwent near Malton. About four o'clock the shout went up "rods out" - end of the match. The hole I had been fishing was some distance from the rest of the fishermen and at the bottom of a very steep bank, consequently my box was at the top. I climbed back up the bank and started breaking down my rod whilst sitting on the box. The nearest fisherman to me was close to a hundred yards away. Concentrating on what I was doing I suddenly felt hands on my shoulders as if making an effort to push me down the bank. I was so shocked and surprised I jumped up, turning around at the same time asking what they thought they were playing at. Not a soul anywhere near! I'm not claiming it as a ghost story, it could just have been the muscles in my shoulders relaxing after holding the rod all day but by heck it didn't half put the wind up me.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

I love that word "eerie" ! very onomatopoeia...Another time when I was in scouts at Wakefield,the then owner of Walton Hall was a certain David Hulme,who had various business interests in the city.I went to school with his daughter(Kathryn...a very accomplished water skier) and son(think,mark ?).....well,we were all connected with scouts at newmillerdam.We had a night walk,eventually ending up in a very deserted Walton Hall..troop of about 12,patrol leader & assnt on a very misty,foggy nov evening.We all slept on the downstairs bare floorboards that night....lots of creaks and other noises.....can't say I saw 'owt but nevertheless,very,very atmospheric !IIRC there was a Roger Moore connection to Mr.Hulme but I'll need to trawl back further for that one.....was a long time ago.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

p wrote: Not sure but I've photographed an orb in my house and theirs been a few noises as well as sudden cold feelings. For such a small area as the Longroyds down Beeston is, it has an unusual number of different types of houses, i.e high back to backs, low back to backs, semi detached houses and modern town houses/flats as well as a converted mansion type house thrown in for good measure. It looks like theirs been a lot of development at different periods over the years,I'm now begining to wonder if the Longroyds had a cemetery at some point that was built over? No cemetery down there,still fields in 1890
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Well there are already a lot of books on local stuff and i was contacted to contribute to one that is hopefully coming out on Wakefield.lots of info on other threads on here as well e.g the one on haunted roads which is fascinating (and deserves plugging hence the mention).good luck with the idea.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!