Lady lane ghost - Police report and sighting

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

jonleeds wrote: I know, looks like a cut and paste job if ever i saw one... No i didn't mean to doubt the story like that, it was just that I knew I had read it somewhere before. I even reread this section of the forum again thinking it was on here. Those that frequent this section of the forum may notice I have a fascination for these stories and with this type of story its the history of the building that gives me the urge to look deeper in to the tale.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Geordie-exile wrote: Wonder what our contributor jdbythesea was up to at the time? http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... tMessage=0 Geordie, thanks for reminding me about that earlier post of mine. In 1971 I was working at the main employment exchange on Eastgate. I didn't move to Templar House until a few years later and I was only there for a short while. I cannot recall any unusual experiences at T.H. (although if I was the last person to leave at night I was glad to be gone. It was a big, old, spooky building). I think the one that dadrockholiday refers to is the building fronting Lady Lane with Templar Lane and Lydia Street on either side. I cannot recall accurately what it was back then. However, the area was dotted with small one man tailoring shops and Chinese owned businesses. Sorry, I can't be more helpful. JD

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

jdbythesea wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: Wonder what our contributor jdbythesea was up to at the time? http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... tMessage=0 Geordie, thanks for reminding me about that earlier post of mine. In 1971 I was working at the main employment exchange on Eastgate. I didn't move to Templar House until a few years later and I was only there for a short while. I cannot recall any unusual experiences at T.H. (although if I was the last person to leave at night I was glad to be gone. It was a big, old, spooky building). I think the one that dadrockholiday refers to is the building fronting Lady Lane with Templar Lane and Lydia Street on either side. I cannot recall accurately what it was back then. However, the area was dotted with small one man tailoring shops and Chinese owned businesses. Sorry, I can't be more helpful. JD Ah, it was a just a mischievous post of mine. I was confusing the buildings - Templar House is the one higher up isn't it?