LGI and Jimmies

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
mcflygirl6

Post by mcflygirl6 »

Hi there,First day working at the Brotherton Wing and I have got to say I was very spooked out by little goings on that kept happening whilst I was there. Most of my time I work at Jimmies and have heard hardly anything about funny goings on that has happened there. Except for the obvious haunted Thackary Medical Museum.I just wondered if anyone had any stories about LGI or Jimmies of spooky goings on whilst working/ visiting there.And is it true that part of the LGI was built on a plague pit?? Dad says it's true but he can extend the truth some what.....Cheers
MG6 x

book

Post by book »

Hi there and welcome. There was a thread on here not so long ago about spirits and hospitals. Do search and I'm sure you will find lots of stuff about the hospitals of Leeds and ghosts
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Hi everyone im looking for any ghost stories in Leeds and around Leeds please supply as many as you want guys and gals.
rf1104651

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Have a look down this list, add to anything which catches your eye -http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Thre ... ForumID=30

Suvi

Post by Suvi »

There's a ghost of a former nurse in Brotherton wing who used to move bed pansthere are reports of crying being heard on wards and when staff have checked all patients have been asleepparamedics have followed patients into lifts, the doors have shut and they find the patient they followed in has vanishedmists have been reported in the notes library - LGIold grey Matron was seen recently on the Tonic art link corridorthree nuns were seen walking through the wall in the tunnel between chancellor and gledhow wing last yearone of the centres on the SJUH has a beard gentleman still in residence from the 1870s even though the building is modernstaff have reported hearing a trolley (bed) being pushed behind them down a corridor in clarendon wing and hearing a doctor and two nurses, and when they move out the way there is nothing there

bigpants

Post by bigpants »

I had the privilge of being estates officer at the LGI for a number of years in the late 90's. A fantastic site with beautiful buildings and thick layers of history. I had access to all the voids and basements, tunnels ducts and abandonned spaces. Im very sensitive to atmospheres and although clearly old and full of history i always found the place benign and warm. The one exception was brotherton wing basement. On paper much less creepy than the older buildings but somehow an unsettling place to be. An engineer (not given to bull) told me hed been in the brotherton wing basement (a corridor with side rooms at pretty much street level) and had seen an old bed pump itself up and then back down.

electricaldave

Post by electricaldave »

I never noticed anything creepy at all, and I was working weekends and afternoons shifts, when lots of the place was dead quiet.Creepiest thing around would have been Jimmy Savill, and perhaps a few office managers who'd got out and about when someone left the doors to their offices open - poor lost souls.