The King Rat

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I'm probably showing my age but I associate the King Rat as being the head of the Grand Order of Water Rats, an entertainment industry charity.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

book

Post by book »

Geordie-exile wrote: book wrote: I think the original post was edited. It was enquiring whether a half rat Half person existed in Quarry Hill, I think? Oh! Is this why it was edited? Seems a bit innocuous if so? I'll chuck my 'swarm of rats' story in while I'm here. This one is relatively recent and concerns a pig farm which operated at Howden Clough in Birstall [but that's okay, because it was on LEEDS Road ] The farm was in the grounds of what looked like a former manor house, or at least a very, very, big old house set back from Leeds Road. Well, came the day they pulled down the old house, sometime in the 1980s I'd say, and said rats swarmed across Leeds Road and into the estate opposite. This was witnessed by my colleague, who lived on the estate. :shudder: It was a bit more explicit on how the half rat, half person was conceived at Quarry Hill
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Aha! That would explain why our new contributor has not returned. Edit: He's just been back and deleted what remained.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Geordie-exile wrote: Aha! That would explain why our new contributor has not returned. Edit: He's just been back and deleted what remained. But the edited post remains in a message quote.I think Geordie. given the rather unsavoury nature of the initial request, this thread is perhaps done with now, before it has chance to morph into something less pleasant?? Poters contacted directly on this subject seem to be less than impressed

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

chameleon wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: Aha! That would explain why our new contributor has not returned. Edit: He's just been back and deleted what remained. I think Geordie. given the rather unsavoury nature of the initial request, this thread is perhaps done with now, before it has chance to morph into something less pleasant?? I'm genuinely mystified as to what you envision might happen from here on in, and why it might 'morph into something less pleasant'. It would have died a natural death if left alone. Well - unless some evidence of plagues of rats in Alwoodley surfaced. There isn't a 'confused' emoticon but imagine one right here if you will.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

thread ckosed