Leeds Hospitals

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Suvi

Post by Suvi »

The LGI, Jimmies and Seacroft are haunted and very spooky after dark. Couple of years back a spook was reported on the internal net and someone asked whether the chaplinacy should be informed.They asked how many people in their training had been taught to open a window after a patient had passed on to help their soul out and nearly everyone raised their hands. Their response was unless it causes you lasting alarm, when you encounter something don't call us. They compared the likelihood of everything being reported to them as being asked to paint the forth bridge    

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Not sure that souls are blocked by double glazing.

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

The wife works at LGI and regularly tells me of encounters. She's that used to it now she just accepts it. Strangely most of her encounters are in the newer parts of the hospital especially the Clarendon wing.    

Caron

Post by Caron »

Seems the right place to put my question....What happened to the area where Hyde Terrace Maternity Hospital once stood?The last time I was in that area, HTMH was just a heap of bricks Quite sad.Please don't tell me it's anything to do with the university.......lol.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Suvi wrote: ...people in their training had been taught to open a window after a patient had passed on to help their soul out In a similar vein, my friend drove the 'in-house' ambulance at Killingbeck and Seacroft hospitals in the early 80's, ferrying patients between wards and so on. He was instructed to stop the ambulance and park up for two hours if anyone died in transit, for supposedly the same reason ie whilst the soul exited the body.    
The older I get, the better I was.

Spackler

Post by Spackler »

anthonydna wrote: Not sure that souls are blocked by double glazing. Brilliant!What would happen if the room had no windows?

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

Sister in law is a nurse and she says she has heard voices from rooms where people are dying, as though it's their relatives come to collect them.