Dewsbury Road, Hunslet

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

Hey all, just thought I would share what I believe to be a fairly spooky experience.This Christmas Eve, I was driving with my girlfriend down Dewsbury Road. Just as we passed the old library/police station complex at the junction with Hunslet Hall Road, a very elderly (80 - 90yrs), frail looking lady was walking down the centre of the road - Right down the white line markings. As I was approaching I noticed her figure so I flashed my headlights at her, but no response - Did not move out of the way and did not look at me. I looked at her face as I slowed down but it was pale and blank and just looked straight ahead. I was not going to get out of my car, as I felt I shouldn't. However, I did flash my headlights at another oncoming car but just seemed to drive past her without slowing. Very strange experience, she was probably real and due to her age possibly lost, but a freaky experience nonetheless.
Simon -H-

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

simon2710 wrote: Hey all, just thought I would share what I believe to be a fairly spooky experience.This Christmas Eve, I was driving with my girlfriend down Dewsbury Road. Just as we passed the old library/police station complex at the junction with Hunslet Hall Road, a very elderly (80 - 90yrs), frail looking lady was walking down the centre of the road - Right down the white line markings. As I was approaching I noticed her figure so I flashed my headlights at her, but no response - Did not move out of the way and did not look at me. I looked at her face as I slowed down but it was pale and blank and just looked straight ahead. I was not going to get out of my car, as I felt I shouldn't. However, I did flash my headlights at another oncoming car but just seemed to drive past her without slowing. Very strange experience, she was probably real and due to her age possibly lost, but a freaky experience nonetheless. Christmas Eve Simon? Hmmm, I don't suppose you'd had a sherry or two?

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Pennington Court old folks residential/nursinghome is quite close.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

We've been looking for Mam, thanks pet.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

And it was misty and they stopped on the moors.Anyway, later she heard banging on the back of the car and it was etc..

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

get the feeling this could e a long night.......

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

I think I would have felt obliged to see if the old lady was OK. Totally unrelated, I remember my late father telling me of the time when as a lad(1930's), he found a stray donkey and handed it in at Dewsbury Road nick. You caan imagine what they would say these days..."nothing to do with us", I'll bet. Anyway, I assume the rightful owner must have claimed it as I never heard the story of how they kept a donkey in the little garden in the Longroyds!

tilly

Post by tilly »

There is also Saint Peters Court over the road from the old police station.She could have come from there.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.