White lady in Fryston woods????

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
kianawild

Post by kianawild »

Hi I'm from Airedale and have heard a story years ago when I was little that a girl was riding her horse through Fryston woods and there used to be a white wall, she supposedly fell off the horse after trying to jump the white wall, broke her neck and died and the horse apparently died too. She has supposedly been heard and spotted numerous times, but I am unsure if this is correct anyone else heard of this before????

kianawild

Post by kianawild »

hicklingmick wrote: HI kindawild ..is your surname wild or are you just using a nickname?I had relations in AIREDALE called ARTHUR and RALPH that havent seen for 30+yrs any relation? Hi no just a nickname sorry x

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I haven't heard of this one before.I'd be interested in any sightings.Mary Pannal Wood near Castleford is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Mary Pannal allegedly exexcuted nearby for witchcraft (which isn't true).
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Steve Jones wrote: I haven't heard of this one before.I'd be interested in any sightings.Mary Pannal Wood near Castleford is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Mary Pannal allegedly exexcuted nearby for witchcraft (which isn't true). Hi steve i still have that book i said you could have i will keep it untill we have a chance to meet again.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Steve Jones wrote: I haven't heard of this one before.I'd be interested in any sightings.Mary Pannal Wood near Castleford is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Mary Pannal allegedly exexcuted nearby for witchcraft (which isn't true). 3 posts in Steve,you're slipping
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com