Myths about Leeds?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
jim

Post by jim »

Sound of ( badly played ) violin................"Mythty".

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

jim wrote: Sound of ( badly played ) violin................"Mythty". . . . , play it for me. . . (hate that film!) Must stop mythering on about this stuff.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

LUFC are a football team is another myth as judging by tonights scoreline it was cricket
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

jim

Post by jim »

I should of course mention my well known "air of mythtery"................ actually I might keep that, it has a certain "Je ne sais quoi" ................. and neither does anyone else............

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

tyke bhoy wrote: LUFC are a football team is another myth as judging by tonights scoreline it was cricket L.U made some terrible mythtakes in defence!
ex-Armley lad

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

stutterdog wrote: tyke bhoy wrote: LUFC are a football team is another myth as judging by tonights scoreline it was cricket L.U made some terrible mythtakes in defence! More like a Tennyth thcore! Summath amyth thomewhere!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Stop mything about (as Kenneth Williams might say)
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tilly

Post by tilly »

A story i was told was that when Colonel Harding gave the Black Prince statue to Leeds he was in dispute with Leeds City Council. So he had the rear end of the horse faceing the Town Hall.True or false i dont know.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

tilly wrote: A story i was told was that when Colonel Harding gave the Black Prince statue to Leeds he was in dispute with Leeds City Council. So he had the rear end of the horse faceing the Town Hall.True or false i dont know. Have the powers that be shifted 'tBlack Prince and his 'ossround a bit since Col. Harding played his 'Trump' card?The rear end of the nag,if I remember, faced the corner of theold GPO by Infirmary Street. Mind you, I suppose if you drewa direct line from the horse thru to the Town Hall, it couldmake sense!So,If true,Col. H should have got a medal for his little snub to LCC!

tilly

Post by tilly »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: tilly wrote: A story i was told was that when Colonel Harding gave the Black Prince statue to Leeds he was in dispute with Leeds City Council. So he had the rear end of the horse faceing the Town Hall.True or false i dont know. Have the powers that be shifted 'tBlack Prince and his 'ossround a bit since Col. Harding played his 'Trump' card?The rear end of the nag,if I remember, faced the corner of theold GPO by Infirmary Street. Mind you, I suppose if you drewa direct line from the horse thru to the Town Hall, it couldmake sense!So,If true,Col. H should have got a medal for his little snub to LCC! Hi Arry Awk it has been stated on one of our threads that the Black Prince has not been moved.It would be nice to think that what he did was true we might never know but then we are Secret Leeds so we might find out yet.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.