Myths about Leeds?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I've an horrible feeling that I'll be hearing next that the tunnel from Kirkstall Abbey to Eastmoor School is a myth.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Post by jim »

Always remember a myth is as good as a mile, and a hit is as good as a myth.Sorry, my mythtake.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I've heard that long ago in the myths of time there wasn't a Tesco anywhere in Leeds, but I find that impossible to believe.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Leodian wrote: I've heard that long ago in the myths of time there wasn't a Tesco anywhere in Leeds, but I find that impossible to believe. I once went to school and was taught by a Myth Shaw! This was in Leeds!
ex-Armley lad

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

stutterdog wrote: Leodian wrote: I've heard that long ago in the myths of time there wasn't a Tesco anywhere in Leeds, but I find that impossible to believe. I once went to school and was taught by a Myth Shaw! This was in Leeds! Are you Shaw about that SD?

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: stutterdog wrote: Leodian wrote: I've heard that long ago in the myths of time there wasn't a Tesco anywhere in Leeds, but I find that impossible to believe. I once went to school and was taught by a Myth Shaw! This was in Leeds! Are you Shaw about that SD? Your takin' the the pith now 'arry!
ex-Armley lad

tilly

Post by tilly »

newtoleeds wrote: Can anyone tell me some good old myths about Leeds? Hi newtoleeds As you can see we all like a laugh on here but i am sure that someone will know some myths about Leeds by the way welcome to the site.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: I've an horrible feeling that I'll be hearing next that the tunnel from Kirkstall Abbey to Eastmoor School is a myth. Did that one the other day on another thread Leodian, guessed you mythed that myth then. Just wondering, does Mytholroyd really exist?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: I've an horrible feeling that I'll be hearing next that the tunnel from Kirkstall Abbey to Eastmoor School is a myth. Did that one the other day on another thread Leodian, guessed you mythed that myth then. Just wondering, does Mytholroyd really exist? Honest, I never saw that so I was not plagiarizing. It's clear though that great minds think alike. Or is that a myth? Well we are now in Autumn, of which John Keats said is the "Season of myths and mellow fruitfulness" (or something like that).