Goblin / Sleep Paralysis (Hyde Park)

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

lol well that explains a thing or two... i had just assumed it was nettos caviar or something equally nasty, but melon pips O_o
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

Muzlehutch

Post by Muzlehutch »

HiI'm Richard Freeman. It was me who did the two year experiment in thought form creation. It was in the basment of a student house in Rokeby Gardens. I can't recall the number now but i think it was number 8.I used meditation and strobe lights to get into altered mental states and visulized the giant spider on the altar. As well as this i placed an old bisuict tin in a crawl space behind a tiny wooden door in the wall of my room. In the book was an account of an occultist who had foud some cursed tome in an old book shop in Hebbdon Bridge and summened up an inter-dementional spider god Atlach-Nacha mentioned by Clark Ashton Smith in his sory The Seven Geases. The occultist goes mad and says he is going to kill himself out on the moors. The gatway is left open in the cellar. I did this in the hope some future tennant (not David) woud read it, become alarmed and go down into the cellar and find the playpen of evil!The party Crazy Jane mentioned was the second one were i got everyone chanting its name round the altar like that scene in the Dr Who story Planet of the Spider with Jon Pertwee were the monks chant to summon up giant psychic spiders.The ideawas to feed the tulpa or thought form.During the first year i was doing this there was a swarm of huge house spiders in Leeds!I twice saw a vistion of a white spider 4 feet across, once in the alter room and once at the bottom of the stairs leading down into the cellar. It seemed flat and two dimentional. I didn't think it had any objective form outside of my mind.Befre i left i rigged the cellar light to explode, left thealter in situ together with a whit mask covered i dead flies and walls bedecked with symbols and pages from surrealist artist Max Urnst's Seven Days of Kindness.Years later i bumped into a guy i used to share the house with. He told me that aborn again christian had opened the little door, found he little alcove, saw the little box and read the horrid little book! He raced down to the basement and in the flash of an exploding lightbulb saw the spider god's lair.Apparently two priests exorsized the house and the alter was burnt in the back yard. RESULT!!!!    

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

ENTER STAGE LEFT :-The YEP proof reader !
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

I'm so glad I don't own property on Woodsley Road, for the obvious reasons and the fact that afcter this thread i suspect any house there will be worth less than nothing.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Muzlehutch wrote: HiI'm Richard Freeman. It was me who did the two year experiment in thought form creation. It was in the basment of a student house in Rokeby Gardens. I can't recall the number now but i think it was number 8.I used meditation and strobe lights to get into altered mental states and visulized the giant spider on the altar. As well as this i placed an old bisuict tin in a crawl space behind a tiny wooden door in the wall of my room. In the book was an account of an occultist who had foud some cursed tome in an old book shop in Hebbdon Bridge and summened up an inter-dementional spider god Atlach-Nacha mentioned by Clark Ashton Smith in his sory The Seven Geases. The occultist goes mad and says he is going to kill himself out on the moors. The gatway is left open in the cellar. I did this in the hope some future tennant (not David) woud read it, become alarmed and go down into the cellar and find the playpen of evil!The party Crazy Jane mentioned was the second one were i got everyone chanting its name round the altar like that scene in the Dr Who story Planet of the Spider with Jon Pertwee were the monks chant to summon up giant psychic spiders.The ideawas to feed the tulpa or thought form.During the first year i was doing this there was a swarm of huge house spiders in Leeds!I twice saw a vistion of a white spider 4 feet across, once in the alter room and once at the bottom of the stairs leading down into the cellar. It seemed flat and two dimentional. I didn't think it had any objective form outside of my mind.Befre i left i rigged the cellar light to explode, left thealter in situ together with a whit mask covered i dead flies and walls bedecked with symbols and pages from surrealist artist Max Urnst's Seven Days of Kindness.Years later i bumped into a guy i used to share the house with. He told me that aborn again christian had opened the little door, found he little alcove, saw the little box and read the horrid little book! He raced down to the basement and in the flash of an exploding lightbulb saw the spider god's lair.Apparently two priests exorsized the house and the alter was burnt in the back yard. RESULT!!!!     Aye!Well don't do any more of your experiments because I've had several massive spiders to contend with recently,not white or 4ft across but big enough to cause mayhem in an all female household!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Lilysmum wrote: Muzlehutch wrote: HiI'm Richard Freeman. It was me who did the two year experiment in thought form creation. It was in the basment of a student house in Rokeby Gardens. I can't recall the number now but i think it was number 8.I used meditation and strobe lights to get into altered mental states and visulized the giant spider on the altar. As well as this i placed an old bisuict tin in a crawl space behind a tiny wooden door in the wall of my room. In the book was an account of an occultist who had foud some cursed tome in an old book shop in Hebbdon Bridge and summened up an inter-dementional spider god Atlach-Nacha mentioned by Clark Ashton Smith in his sory The Seven Geases. The occultist goes mad and says he is going to kill himself out on the moors. The gatway is left open in the cellar. I did this in the hope some future tennant (not David) woud read it, become alarmed and go down into the cellar and find the playpen of evil!The party Crazy Jane mentioned was the second one were i got everyone chanting its name round the altar like that scene in the Dr Who story Planet of the Spider with Jon Pertwee were the monks chant to summon up giant psychic spiders.The ideawas to feed the tulpa or thought form.During the first year i was doing this there was a swarm of huge house spiders in Leeds!I twice saw a vistion of a white spider 4 feet across, once in the alter room and once at the bottom of the stairs leading down into the cellar. It seemed flat and two dimentional. I didn't think it had any objective form outside of my mind.Befre i left i rigged the cellar light to explode, left thealter in situ together with a whit mask covered i dead flies and walls bedecked with symbols and pages from surrealist artist Max Urnst's Seven Days of Kindness.Years later i bumped into a guy i used to share the house with. He told me that aborn again christian had opened the little door, found he little alcove, saw the little box and read the horrid little book! He raced down to the basement and in the flash of an exploding lightbulb saw the spider god's lair.Apparently two priests exorsized the house and the alter was burnt in the back yard. RESULT!!!!     Aye!Well don't do any more of your experiments because I've had several massive spiders to contend with recently,not white or 4ft across but big enough to cause mayhem in an all female household! That reminds me of the near plague of large spiders in Leeds and area several years back now. I am an arachnophobe (at least of large spiders seen in houses) and they gave me the creeps then. I remember that a researcher at a university was asking for people to send spiders in for research purposes to investigate why their numbers were so high. I did not send any as those I caught in containers were rapidly thrown outside! Still gives me the shivers even now thinking about them so I hope their numbers are not on the rise again.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Muzlehutch

Re: Goblin / Sleep Paralysis (Hyde Park)

Post by Muzlehutch »

The 'caviar' was actually seeds from some papayas. They look exactly like caviar. I was using them for the punch when I noticed.
I often wonder if anyone has seen anything weird in the house since I left.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

hi Rich.
as you know i was also at both parties and it was at my conference held at the old Wellesley hotel that we found out the sequel to the
leaving of the book!
i have asked a few times but never heard any more other than the girl surfacing about the second party who I told you about at the Weird Weekend.She must be one of the 2 bemused students who came back with you from the off licence to what they thought was going to be a normal party <G>.
i also experienced the thought form on my back when you asked me to check out the room with the altar prior to the second party.Being an arachnophobe this didn't help especially as i was sleeping on a couch in the next room afterwards!
There was also the photo's taken of you,myself and a gorgeous goth girl (who I met again on a bus years later0 which never appeared in the Western gazette thanks to Tory MP Stephen Milligan accidentally topping himself in bizarre circumstances!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I hope to be talking about the thought form at Weird Weekend North at Glazebrook near Warrington next year.
Incidently for the older members,I have changed the meeting place of my Wakefield Pagan moot.We now meet at Fernandes Brwery tap,Avison Yard,Wakefield on the first Monday of month.Sorry to advertise but i know some members have attended over the years.
I am stil interested in nay goblin/hooded shape reports from leeds or elsewhere.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

TykeLass

Post by TykeLass »

I've only had one sleep paralysis in my life, and that included a scary goblin figure (which to make things worse, said it would 'come for me' when I die! I'm choosing not to believe it!) But at the time I had it, I didn't realise it's significance.

It was in a newbuild Housing Association house in Sherburn-in-Elmet, where I grew up. I had left the village in 1980 and some time after, had seen on the national news that a man had gone postal, and wiped out his entire family then killed himself. One older son was at work as it happened in the daytime, I think, and so he survived. I'd been in the same class as this lad at school, although never knew him well. It was hard to believe someone I'd (sort of) known for years had such a terrible thing happen to them. 20 years later, I moved back to the village.

I could be wrong but seem to think the father killed himself in a garage. And it was only some time after I had that experience I remembered that the HA houses were built where the council estate's garages had once stood.